Thread: Happy 10th Anniversary to the BBS Collectors Section

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cost me a fortune as well....

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post

Cost me a fortune as well....
    LOL.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Great post and many thanks to all who have assisted me

A well deserved compliment, which I thoroughly applaud.

As another new member, many thanks to all those who have so kindly assisted me over the past month. I have entered a steep learning curve about the technical aspects of air weaponry.

Moreover, the site and its enthusiasts have caused me to begin a rather worrying collection habit: two Webley Mk3s so far and - I hope - a 1922 Standard BSA next week, to be added to my existing 1939 Standard, now being serviced.

I have further purchases in mind but I also intend to use my newly acquired rifles.

Moreover, my enthusiasm has brought a friend into the collection habit: he too has bought a Mk3 and is looking to purchase a 1920s Standard BSA.

We need collectors, so as to keep this magnificent heritage alive for future generations.

I have also found there to be rather a lot of closet collectors on the main site - one has merely to mention an FWB Sport or Original 45 and they all appear out from the ether.

I hope there are some collectors' events; I would be keen to attend and meet fellow enthusiasts.

Rgds to all
    Andrew.

Just like to add my own thanks and appreciation to all those who maintain or contribute to this amazing site.

Regards
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    A well deserved compliment, which I thoroughly applaud.

As another new member, many thanks to all those who have so kindly assisted me over the past month. I have entered a steep learning curve about the technical aspects of air weaponry.

Moreover, the site and its enthusiasts have caused me to begin a rather worrying collection habit: two Webley Mk3s so far and - I hope - a 1922 Standard BSA next week, to be added to my existing 1939 Standard, now being serviced.

I have further purchases in mind but I also intend to use my newly acquired rifles.

Moreover, my enthusiasm has brought a friend into the collection habit: he too has bought a Mk3 and is looking to purchase a 1920s Standard BSA.

We need collectors, so as to keep this magnificent heritage alive for future generations.

I have also found there to be rather a lot of closet collectors on the main site - one has merely to mention an FWB Sport or Original 45 and they all appear out from the ether.

I hope there are some collectors' events; I would be keen to attend and meet fellow enthusiasts.

Rgds to all
    Andrew.
    Andrew just one teeny point of collectables (BBS) etiquette - we don't use the word 'weaponry' in relation to airguns, which are many things, but definitely not weapons (except perhaps from a squirrel's POV!).

You are so right about the importance of new collectors joining the fold, and for this reason you and your friend are especially welcome.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Andrew just one teeny point of collectables (BBS) etiquette - we don't use the word 'weaponry' in relation to airguns, which are many things, but definitely not weapons (except perhaps from a squirrel's POV!).

You are so right about the importance of new collectors joining the fold, and for this reason you and your friend are especially welcome.
    And yet if you dig out your copy of Gas, Air and Spring Guns of the World and go to the second sentence of the preface the very word chosen by W. H. B. Smith is WEAPON!

Ah, what did he know?

More than me, that's for sure, Mick

Explanation: I haven't actually memorised the entire book (yet). It was just his use of the word that had stuck in my mind when I got reprimanded for using it a couple of years ago.

Oops! neglected to add my thanks and congratulations to all the foregoing.
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

A belated Happy Birthday to the Gentleman's Section and all the best to all you gents.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!