Thread: Happy 10th Anniversary to the BBS Collectors Section

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Thumbs up Happy 10th Anniversary to the BBS Collectors Section

As it says. It is ten years ago today that Baz kick-started what within just a few weeks would become the very best air gun collectors section anywhere on the wibbly-wobbly inerweb -- our very own BBS Collectable Airguns section ( link to sticky containing a link to all the threads ever posted in this section, here: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ction-Listings ) ... Thank you to Ed @ Ramsbottom's (the AG BBS sponsor), and all the Mods and admin, past and present ( ), who have helped make this section the success it truly is. Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Indeed Gareth and the best section on the BBS - Gentlemans corner - where the only things raised are glasses to the lovely workmanship and quality of guns made by craftsmen from bygone days - proven by their ability to still provide satisfaction to their present 'keepers' so long after they were manufactured.
    Long may that situation remain.
    Those of us who are lucky to own such masterpieces - know they are far more than just wood and steel - they have souls!

atb

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

I think you just gave yourself a round of applause, Gareth. (Richly deserved if so - you and now Mick have nurtured the great spirit of the place to perfection.)

Is it really a decade? I remember it as if it was yesterday! Good for Baz for giving in to our nagging. anyway. As you say, a brilliant section, since much imitated, and a real asset to the hobby of collecting airguns due to the range of members and the incredible resource their knowledge and collections represent.

Here's to another 10 years, and another...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Bump! - because it's worth it!

Happy Birthday to 'Gentlemans Corner'!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Indeed,just about the most pleasurable place to be on the whole of the WWW!

Yep, who knows,in another 10 years we may even be able to have pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post

I think you just gave yourself a round of applause, Gareth. (Richly deserved if so - you and now Mick have nurtured the great spirit of the place to perfection.)
    Fanx Lucky Bump Man.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post

Indeed, just about the most pleasurable place to be on the whole of the WWW!
    Never has a truer truism been uttered ( ) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post

Yep, who knows, in another 10 years we may even be able to have pictures!
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

It feels much older
    Ahem ... and so do I -- ten years older.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 05-02-2017 at 04:30 PM. Reason: up-date.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post

Happy Birthday to 'Gentlemans Corner'!

ASM
    I'll second that !!!!!

It feels much older

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post

Isn't it just, so let's do the same again.

I would like to take this opportunity to show my gratitude and appreciation of the AirgunBBS Forum overall and express my thanks for this section on it's 10 yeas anniversary and also to all of those who assist in the process of making it happen and to our sponsor JSRamsbottom.
    Many, many thanks, folks,
    Cheers, Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    There's absolutely no need to thank me, Danny.

I feel it's both an honour and privilege to be able to work on behalf of the members of this forum.

The collectors section is a great credit to its users as it is such an informative and pleasant place to visit --- you should all be congratulating yourselves for this.

I'd just like to thank Mr Ramsbottom for constantly providing this forum free of charge for all our benefit --- apparently on some forums you're expected to pay to post.

Well done gentlemen.

All the best Mick

I stand humbled!

Danny, thank you for your observation and I shall try to remember to use a substitute for the word 'weaponry', so as not to circumvent the collectables' site etiquette! I recall my English master often insisted that one should endeavour to use alternative words rather than the same repetitively and, given the word 'weapon' translates as a device employed to inflict physical damage (in this case, garden pests), I did not consider it might transgress conduct.

However, I am a stickler for tradition and shall try to avoid this term.

Humorously, I am reminded of the late WSC's remarks when told not to finish a sentence with a preposition: "This is a nonsense up with which I shall not put!"

Thank you for all your advice on this site, since I joined it about five weeks ago; your BSA collectors' site is truly first class.

Kind rgds
    A

Where would we be without

The generosity of JR Ramsbottom and the unpaid hours that the Mods put in?

I thank you.