Thread: New 2017 Spring Summer MPL Postal Competition.

New 2017 Spring Summer MPL Postal Competition.

Sorry about the delay in getting this competition started this year due to my own personal circumstances (late retirement and health problems) but in truth some of us are no later getting started than we were this time last year - and for many of us we actually started a lot later last year - so basically I was hoping nobody had noticed that I had not been able to promote it - UNTIL NOW !

Anyway - now you CAN enter the new 2017 Spring/Summer MPL Postal Competition that runs from 1st January 2017 and ends 31st June 2017 - and it still only costs a tenner to enter!

I have posted the details for this competition BELOW and Russ will be posting your results here on the BBS at regular intervals so you can see how you are getting on.

The new series starts from January 2017 and will run until the end of June 2017 ( the next series will start in July 2017) and both will run with the same rules as in all previous MPL postal competitions (PLEASE SCROLL DOWN to see the rules).

This year we will continue with the .177 MPL air pistol competition (for all .177 spring powered and Single Stroke Pneumatic air pistols) and the .177 MPL air rifle (for all .177 spring powered and Single Stroke Pneumatic air rifles).

AGAIN this season we will offer the SUPPORTED AIR PISTOL series and (like last year) I would recommend that you give this a try. Very few people have entered this event to date BUT we will offer it again and see if we can get any more "takers" this time around. We would like 6 or more competitors to make it work so if you do fancy it please let us know and have a chat with your friends to see if you can get enough interest to keep this interesting new competition as a regular event.

In the same way that 6 yard shooting is a lot more difficult than it looks ( a shock to 10 meter shooters who venture into the traditional 6 yard British "national" distance for the first time), Supported Pistol Shooting is most certainly NOT as easy as you might think and it really does present a real challenge .

The only difference when shooting Supported Air Pistol (as opposed to regular free standing air pistol) is that the weight of the pistol is supported - but that is all ! The butt of the pistol grip forms a tangent with a 50mm tube or bar and gives very little extra stability. The process of aligning the sights and trying to perfect the trigger release remains the same and so all of the pistol handling skills remain the same.

Anyone thinking they can just roll-up and hit a 50 every time when entering Supported Air Pistol is in for a huge disappointment.

This competition will also be a great leveller between the able bodied and disabled persons, the young and the older competitors, the male and the female and the strong and the weak.

In some ways Supported Air Pistol shooting could be the BEST competition ever as it offers an equal opportunity to everyone who enters it....and it is no surprise that Supported Pistol Shooting is THE fastest growing branch of the shooting sport in Germany - and has been for many years.

The traditional British 6 yard distance also continues to provide a real challenge for regular free standing air pistol and air rifle shooters and nobody yet in the history of the MPL has ever achieved a possible 50 ex 50 at 6 yards so it really is a competition that will test your skills and provides a serious challenge to 10 meter shooters who may find it impossible to improve their averages when shooting at the shorter 6 yard distance.
    Last edited by zooma; 06-02-2017 at 11:48 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

How to Enter - and Things You Need to Know

2017 Spring/Summer MPL POSTAL LEAGUE ENTRY DETAILS.

Please send your entry details (with your name and address) to Russ (PhatMan) here on the BBS and send your entry payment using any of the methods described below. Your details are needed so your entry packs can be delivered to the correct address and to make sure you are entered into the correct event and sent the right type of targets.

Russ has been kind enough to offer to take care of the logistics for me as I am currently unable to do this. Without this help from Russ I fear the series may have been lost so I am more than grateful for his kindness.

The postal charges will remain the same as they were for the previous seasons.

The cost to enter the competition is still a tenner (£10.00) and the cost of spare targets for x100 at a time is £10.00 for anyone that would like to buy some from us.

Air 8 targets and Air 7 targets can also be bought in bulk for less direct from the NSRA in packs of 3000 (for those that intend to practice a lot) .

The cost to send an entry pack to you is £3.70 by First Class "Signed For". Total for entry and post is £13.70.

The cost to send an entry pack to you with an extra 100 practice targets is £6.50 by "next working day" carrier. Total for entry and practice targets with delivery is £26.50.

We can also send larger parcels (any size) by carrier for just £10.00 to a UK address, so if a group of competitors are able to combine their entries and need a larger quantity of practice targets sending all in the one box this will cut the delivery costs significantly !

Entry packs and spare targets can be collected from us in Rossendale to save postage and delivery charges if you are able (or know anyone) that is able to collect them from us.

Anybody that would like to send their entry fees to us by PayPal can use this address:- target@rossmod.co.uk ( please see the next thread about PayPal charges)

For those that prefer to pay by bank transfer sort code 40-38-03. acct no:- 51178296 acct name:- Rossendale Model Car Club.

We can also accept good old fashioned cash if you can call in person or send it safely to us ( ask for postal address if you prefer this option)

PAYMENT BY PAYPAL.

We have been made aware of the charges that PayPal inflict upon us.

Our basic entry pack costs £10 and the postal charge is £3.70 to send them to you (total £13.70). Pay Pal will take £0.67.

The basic entry pack with 100 spare targets is £26.50 including the carriers "next working day" delivery. The PayPal charge for this is £1.10.

Most competitors who have sent their entry fees to us via PayPal have done so without charges - so our thanks to those that have done this as it helps us to keep the costs down and the entry fee's low.

Those that have sent their payment by direct transfer to the clubs bank account have not attracted any charges at all.

We want to keep the cost of entry to this superb competition to a tenner so please avoid the PayPal charges if you can.

Thanks for your understanding as I admit I never thought about this either...until I saw the PayPal account history!
    Last edited by zooma; 06-02-2017 at 11:24 PM.

Entry List for 2017 Spring/Summer MPL Postal Competition.

Air Rifle.
    1. Russ O. (PhatMan). Hastings.
    2. Bob S. (zooma). Rossendale.
    3. Vic C. Hawkins ARC.
    4. Nigel E. Hawkins ARC.
    5. Mark. (xdriver). Bury.
    6. Ray H. (bellringer). Bloxwich.
    7. Martin C. Hawkins ARC.
    8. Kenny B. (Kennyb) Birmingham.

Air Pistol.
    1. Bob S (zooma) Formby.
    2. Russ O. (PhatMan). Hastings.
    3. Sarah M. (starboard). Southampton.
    4. George M. (thirdwheel). On a bike with a small tent .
    5. Paul D. (Grunalf) Bradford.
    6. Kenny B. (Kennyb) Birmingham.

Supported Air Pistol
    1. Ray H. (bellringer). Bloxwich.2.
    3. Paul D. (Grunalf). Bradford.
    Last edited by zooma; 07-02-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Bob

Thanks for taking the time to post the information and set up the 2017 competition.

I've not entered before but will be entering the pistol and rifle competition. I might have missed it but whilst I can see how to pay, how do we register and let you know our address for sending out the entry packs? Is there an email address, or is it by PM via the forum? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyb View Post
    Bob

Thanks for taking the time to post the information and set up the 2017 competition.

I've not entered before but will be entering the pistol and rifle competition. I might have missed it but whilst I can see how to pay, how do we register and let you know our address for sending out the entry packs? Is there an email address, or is it by PM via the forum? Thanks.
    Thanks for your enquiry Kenny - it has shown me the gap in the information I have provided about "how to enter" sorry I missed it.
    I have just added this information to prevent others from having the same problem - but basically you send your payment using any of the methods shown and let Russ (PhatMan here on the BBS ) know what class ( pistol/rifle/supported pistol) you would like to enter along with your name and address so Russ can prepare and send the correct entry pack ( or packs) to you.

Thanks for your interest and support .

Thanks Bob, I've now entered and PM'd my details to Russ.

Thanks Bob, I've now entered and PM'd my details to Russ.
    Welcome to the competition Kenny !

Let me know what class you have entered and I will add you to the competitors list on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Welcome to the competition Kenny !

Let me know what class you have entered and I will add you to the competitors list on this thread.
    I've entered air rifle and air pistol. Thanks.

I've entered air rifle and air pistol. Thanks.
    OK Kenny I have added your name to the competitors list in both categories.

Please let us have your entries so we can get your target packs in the post to you as quickly as possible.

It is never too late to enter this postal competition, but the sooner you enter - the more time you will have to shoot your targets.

Hello to All,

Target packs have been sent off to :

abellringer

Grunalf

KennyB

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    Last edited by PhatMan; 14-02-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Rested Pistol Competition - MPL

Hi

If anyone is wondering what's involved in the rested pistol have a look at this thread:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....07#post7035907

Here's some photos of my homemade rest:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...tQaTdiMnZ0YkFn

Supported pistol really lets you concentrate on your trigger and aiming, reducing the movement you get off hand (but not eliminating it completely).

I found it helped with my off hand shooting and it's not as easy as you might think!

Give it a go this season....

Paul
    Last edited by Grunalf; 10-02-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunalf View Post
    Hi

If anyone is wondering what's involved in the rested pistol have a look at this thread:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....07#post7035907

Here's some photos of my homemade rest:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...tQaTdiMnZ0YkFn

Supported pistol really lets you concentrate on your trigger and aiming, reducing the movement you get off hand (but not eliminating it completely).

I found it helped with my off hand shooting and it's not as easy as you might think!

Give it a go this season....

Paul
    Nice work, you have made an excellent rest - mine will not be as posh as yours, but as soon as I get some time again I will make one for myself.
    The way things are going at the moment that will not be in time for this series but maybe in time for the Autumn/Winter series

Bob hi, nice to know your problems are behind you, and have you back with us and the MPL comps. Can you add D. Horne [Hawkins A. R. C]. Walsall to the supported pistol please