Thread: 6 yard MPL Postal Competition Rules.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The 30 is perfect, lovely little rifle & ideal for 6 meter shooting.

Thanks Neil, i take it you shoot one ?, if i get rained off tomorrow(forecast is for rain)i hope to visit a couple of shops & try both the 30 & 99. I did pick up a 30 with a scope on it, but want to try one with iron sights.
    Regards the 30. if you shoot one, how tall/broad are you ?

Rob

Hi Rob,

I have an HW30 with the Record trigger and it is indeed a superb and accurate rifle - but a little on the small side for me at 5ft 11 with long arms and a stiff neck!.

To help overcome this a Bisley adjustable butt plate can be bought for very little money online (less than £20) and is made from alloy and may give you that little extra length to help it fit better.

To be fair, without a dodgy neck I could probably make this rifle work well enough just the way it comes, and if you buy the version with the Record trigger you will have a superb little rifle.

Hope this helps,

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks for the reply Bob,

Sounds like we are similar, years of injuries cause me issues now, neck & shoulders being one, i like the idea of swopping to the adjustable pad, thanks for the tip.

Rob

Just got home & i now have a 30...

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Just got home & i now have a 30...
    Well done Rob.

Now give PhatMan a PM to ask what the postage would be for him to send you your 36 target entry pack and you can get started!

Looking forward to having you in the MPL competition

zooma.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Will do shortly, this thing is accurate with falcons, but boy is it dieseling !