Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
Bob,

Due to my current 'feeble-ness', either my HW30S or my HW99S

I will try my HW95 SuperMatch (4.6 kg), and my TX200 (5.8 kg !!!), but I fear they are currently a bit on the heavy side over a course of shots.

I might also try my 1974 Diana 35 again

Have fun

Best regards

Russ
You have a really good choice of springers to use in the MPL.

Your HW95 SuperMatch is a really unusual rifle here in the UK. I have an HW95 in .177 and I would like to use it in the MPL as well - but the UK version does not have any dovetail grooves in the end of the barrel so that makes it a "bit tricky" to fit a front sight onto.

If I can find anyone who can accurately cut some dovetails in the end of the barrel I will drop the power and make it more "target friendly". Failing that, I will try to find a source where I can buy a new SuperMatch barrel......and failing that I will sell it and find out where I can buy a new SuperMatch.

The HW95 is a lovely looking rifle and the adjustable cheekpiece would be very nice to have on a target springer, but it is a very powerful rifle that would need some taming down to get the best out of it as a paper-puncher !

Has anyone ever tried to fit an HW30S into an HW95 stock? - now that could be very interesting!!