Thread: FWB300 cocking and pellet loading

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Never noticed any difference locked or not . Most of the time the gun is shot in our veterans gun competitions prone,and the slide drops forward before cocking and loading.Accuracy remains excellent at all times..
    Also use Falcon Accuracy Plus, as max range is 35 yards in our competitions and gun runs at at 7ft/lbs just on limit before trajectory falls off too much, they are a good compromise.
    HERX77 .
    Last edited by Herx77; 20-02-2017 at 10:35 PM.
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

I had my 300s from the late Alan Bray shop in 1973 [ish], and I was told to always tip it forward after each shot as this relieved strain on the cocking arm system. I didn't always do this and I never noticed any difference in POI, after all the gun is in the same relative position internally whichever way it is cocked. A little while later I had occasion to contact ASI the then importer and I asked the question, with the same reply, it is recommended to tip the muzzle down and re lock the action after each shot, for the same reasons that I was given originally.
    Hope this is of some help.
    ATVB
    abellringer

Been playing, sure, the cocking and locking the mech seems to have little difference to the POI.

What makes a difference however, is how tightly I hold the rifle.

I was putting very little pressure on the rifle for each shot, but its all more accurate by tightly pulling the rifle butt into my shoulder.
    Dosnt seem right, and its a lot more difficult on having a relaxed trigger finger when the rest of my hand has a tight grip!

Oh well, if it works!
    Thanks - Geoff.

The action is pushed forward on the cocking stroke. If you cock the gun out of the action you will see there is bar that pushes against the rear sled support pin on cocking. Most however will do this as mentioned, by gravity & tipping the gun downwards if correctly lubricated.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.