Thread: BSA / Lincoln Jeffries

BSA / Lincoln Jeffries

With all the guff happening up here I'v been asked to take in a rather curious rifle.
    I'd like to get the owner, not me, a bit of info, age and valuation if possable.

BSA Improved Model D .177, Serial No. 6313

Rifle has had a hard life,wood knocked about but the BSA/Trade mark stamp is still visible and with the origional butt plate.
    Metalwork, there is no rust but there is no blueing either.
    Everything is working mechanically but I dont know the condition of the barell inside which is a .177

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by weebeestie; 21-02-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Any information out there ?
    Last edited by weebeestie; 21-02-2017 at 07:46 PM.

So, no info on a 100 + year old gun then.

Quote Originally Posted by weebeestie View Post
    With all the guff happening up here I'v been asked to take in a rather curious rifle.
    I'd like to get the owner, not me, a bit of info, age and valuation if possable.

Rifle has had a hard life,wood knocked about but the BSA/Trade mark stamp is still visible and with the origional butt plate.
    Everything is working mechanically but I dont know the condition of the barell inside which is a .177

Thanks in advance.
    Off the top of my head, the Improved model D only came in after 20,000 or so rifles, so either that serial no. is wrong or it's not an IMD.

Lots of info on these rifles here. I suggest you have a good read. To get any kind of valuation, you'll have to post pics.

http://www.network54.com/Index/105071

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by weebeestie View Post

Thanks in advance.
    You need to get photos up really....Can you actually see the writing on the cylinder that says Improved etc.? As Garvin says there are photos of all types on the BSA site to compare, the serial can be misleading as parts interchange so may not be original.

You cannot post photos direct on here so will need to upload to one of the many free hosting sites and then post a link.

It's not that people are being unhelpful, but there are huge differences in value due to many reasons so it could be £80-£250+ depending on various things, but sound like £150-175 from your brief description assuming correct complete sights.

ATB, Ed