Thread: Birmingham made Webley Stingray

Birmingham made Webley Stingray

I've recently bought a Birmingham made Stringray carbine which has a gold trigger, there is no spacer between the stock and solid brown butt pad so which actual model is it?

Quote Originally Posted by norris View Post
    I've recently bought a Birmingham made Stringray carbine which has a gold trigger, there is no spacer between the stock and solid brown butt pad so which actual model is it?
    I think ones with the good triggers were ltd edition if I remember correctly I would guess a mk 1 if I find out more I will get back to you

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by norris View Post

Had three of these over the years (crackin' bits of Brum-built kit -- especially in .22), and none of them had spacers between the wood and the recoil pad. Come to that, neither did my last new Vulcan Mk.III (the immediate predecessor to the Stingray -- and mechanically, these two models were/are remarkably similar), so worry not about there being no spacer.

As for the gold trigger you mention, again all is well, as that was an after-market option offered by Webley & Scott back in the day (I know because I bought one from them direct from their catalogue to bling one of mine up ), which after a while they elected to fit as standard, first to the Stingray Delux, and latterly, to all in the Stingray range. Hope this helps? Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.