Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R2A chrono

R2A chrono

Has anyone had experience with the Polish R2A chrono,I seem to be having trouble setting mine up,the instructions don't help,any advice would be welcome (other than buy a different one)it's please help before I go nuts!!!! Stuart.

Is this the one with the wider gate?

Hi Robf,it's the open ended one for sale on the Blackpool air rifles site(BAR),Stuart.

I've got the R2A and I also found the instructions to be lacking in information. It's actually quite simple though. The main setting which I found the instructions didn't explain clearly was setting the pellet weight. Once you input the weight it's very easy after that.

Before using the chrono however, the instructions recommend you set the 'gain' to high for airguns. I don't know if it makes much difference but to do so, firstly when it is switched off press and hold S1 and S2 together, then switch it on, if it displays GN:HIGH then simply take your fingers off the buttons and switch it back off and on again and it's set. If it states GN:LOW then keep S1/S2 pressed and switch off and on again and then it should display GN:HIGH. Take your fingers off the S1/S2 and switch it off and back on again and it's then ready to go. You should only need to do this once unless you also use it with firearms where you would alternate it.

To then start using it you will need to set the pellet weight. Firstly switch on and the screen should display V(fps)00. Then press S2 twice until shot00 is displayed. Then press S1 and the weight settings will display. Press S3 to increase the weight figure or S2 to decrease until you arrive at the correct pellet weight. Once the correct weight is set, press S1 again and then S3 to quickly get back to V(fps)00 again.

You're now ready to start using it. Fire a shot through the opening centrally and as parallel to the sides/base as possible so the pellet flies straight through. I would also keep the muzzle a few inches back to avoid any muzzle blast being measured. The chrono will then display the velocity in fps. If you press S2 it will display the muzzle energy in ft/lbs (E(fpe), press S2 again and the shot number will be displayed i.e. shot 01 for the first shot etc, S2 again and the average energy will be displayed (Eavg), S2 again for the average velocity (Vavg), S2 again for min velocity (Vmin), S2 again for max velocity (Vmax), S2 again for absolute velocity i.e. the difference between the highest and lowest velocity in the shot string (dV), S2 again for standard deviation (SV), S2 again and RPS and NR will display (concerns rate of fire so not really relevant for airguns) and at that point press S3 to return to the beginning. If you want to erase the measurements at that point you can press and hold S3 or just switch it off and back on again which I find easier.

You can also link it up to a PC to transfer the shot measurements but I've not tried that yet.

I hope that helps!

R2a

Thank you for taking the time to send me the instruction Kennyb,I had tried to follow the set that came with the chrono but had no success,was beginning to think it wasn't working but now up and running.The instructions you sent are in the process of being laminated for future use.Thanks again,Stuart.

I'm glad you're up and running now Stuart. It's a good chrono and easy to use, once the less than clear instructions have been figured out!

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyb View Post
    I'm glad you're up and running now Stuart. It's a good chrono and easy to use, once the less than clear instructions have been figured out!
    If these have been re-written in plain English (rather than Polish translated), what about offering them to manufacturer for the UK / American market ?

Hello, many many thanks, I was tearing my hair out, what there is left of it, as working it out I found was beyond me.
    To save frustration etc. for those of us not blessed with an overabundance of grey cells would it be possible to make it a sticky along with any other chrono info.
    Thank you again.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hello, many many thanks, I was tearing my hair out, what there is left of it, as working it out I found was beyond me.
    To save frustration etc. for those of us not blessed with an overabundance of grey cells would it be possible to make it a sticky along with any other chrono info.
    Thank you again.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.
    Kennyb's the man saved a lot frustration and hair pulling for me.

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    Kennyb's the man saved a lot frustration and hair pulling for me.
    Seconded. I got one today and the little boxes got me well flumoxed. That was after I finally figured out how to get the batteries in!

Mine doesn't do that thing with the gain though. Hold s1 and s2 abnd turn on and it just gives the normal start screen.
    Last edited by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH; 05-05-2017 at 07:59 PM.

grieva,

I have the R2, and IIRC the menu on the R2A is the same - hope the below will be of help :

I will call the reading screen that appears when you turn the chrono on 'A'

The three buttons on the chrono', from left to right are designated S1, S2, & S3.

Pellet Weight

A - S2 - S2- S1 - adjust using S2/S3 - S3 (return to A)

Stats (average, spread, standard deviation etc.

A - S2 - S2 - ... etc. - S3 (return to A)

Detailed Readings From Shot String

A - S1 - scroll using S2 / S3 - S1 (return to A)

Clear - Read - Write Memory

A - S2 - S2 - S2 (displays Eavg) - S1 - clear is S3, S1/S2 read/write to memory - auto returns to Eavg after a second or so of inactivity - S3 (return to A)

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Here's the link for the R2, R2a info. If you scroll down and download the PDF instructions, I think you will find the R2 and R2a differ slightly but both are easy to follow.

http://www.chrono.lmbr.pl/products.html

atb

Bri

Hi Guys,

I've just purchase an R2A and playing around with it I altered by mistake the "Distance Between Sensor Calibration" setting

I've set it to 50mm but I think (not sure) it was initially set to 52mm?

Will you check this measurement setting on your unit and let me know please.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

https://tec-hro.de/schiesssport/chrono_enalle.pdf

To calibrate you need more than one chrony, one shot through both ath the same time

Just received an email reply to the question from the manufacturer saying 50.15mm....

Thanks for your input....

Mike