Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Talk to me about the Diana 54 Airking...

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Very good shooting. If there's not a run on 54's already, there soon will be. Good advertisement for them.
    Could be a "Marmite Gun", love it of loath it but it makes a refreshing change from all those well used "Weihr-Arms", mine included !
    “An airgun or two”………

Update.
    Had the Airking at the range today with the Pro Air scope, Dampa mount and JSB Express 4.52 pellets.

Reduced the distance to 25 yards and pretty quickly I was achieving 8mm groups.

I've now put approximently 600 pellets through it and it appears to be settling down nicely.

Still not easy (for me) to cock but I'm adapting. However its really great to shoot !
    No regrets, I love this air rifle !
    “An airgun or two”………

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I put a QD stud/front stock screw on mine today so I can fit a bipod.

Now I just need a bipod.....
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Got A Harris swivel 6" to 9" doing nowt Nick ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Got A Harris swivel 6" to 9" doing nowt Nick ?

Sounds great! Bring it to the bash if you don't mind.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Good the hear you are getting on with yours BR, I'm chomping at the bit to get mine to a range. Just have to wait to get insured on my mums car before I can be mobile again (sold mine recently as I was only driving every other week).
    Did you find that 4.52s were a bit easy to feed into the bore btw? I thought they might be on mine when I was chronying the other day. Was considering if it might be worth picking up a tin of 4.53 before I go out with it?

TB, is the QB stub going to be a replicable product or is it just a one off...? And any news on that mod adaptor?
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    TB, is the QB stub going to be a replicable product......? And any news on that mod adaptor?
    Yes and not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Sounds great! Bring it to the bash if you don't mind.
    Willdo !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Good the hear you are getting on with yours BR, I'm chomping at the bit to get mine to a range. Just have to wait to get insured on my mums car before I can be mobile again (sold mine recently as I was only driving every other week).
    Did you find that 4.52s were a bit easy to feed into the bore btw? I thought they might be on mine when I was chronying the other day. Was considering if it might be worth picking up a tin of 4.53 before I go out with it?

TB, is the QB stub going to be a replicable product or is it just a one off...? And any news on that mod adaptor?
    The 4.52's load fine and hold in the breech when the rifle is held vertically during loading ! This is important as smaller pellets may drop out into the loading chamber causing some "awkward fiddling" trying find them ! Having said all that, 4.51's held ok though, just !
    Take 4.53's though as they wearnt half bad in mine !
    “An airgun or two”………

Always bearing in mind, folks, that those sizes as stated on the tins mean nothing.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Always bearing in mind, folks, that those sizes as stated on the tins mean nothing.
    Thats why I buy big and put them through a sizer now. I still miss, but I miss with consistency and clinical precision.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Out of all the "JSB Family" of .177 pellets I've measured Tone, the 4.52 Express were the most consistent across the head diameter with the majority being 4.51 and a few 4.50's. very few were actually 4.52.
    I must stress at this point that some brands were worse with measurements as low as 4.46 being recorded every now and aagin and I think I even had one or two 4.45's !

So yes, they "Don't Do exactly what it says on the tin in this instance !
    However this batch (2016) appear to be better than the 2015 batches I've been using recently so I'll buy more of the same.

Should also add, its difficult to tell the month of manufacture on the JSB pellets. The AADF's actually state the month on the back of the tins as well as the year as do Falcon Acc. Plus.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Thats why I buy big and put them through a sizer now. I still miss, but I miss with consistency and clinical precision.
    Sizer or not, I'll bet I still miss more consistently than you, Nick!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Yet to try JSB RS and looking forward to it !
    “An airgun or two”………

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Finally got up to a range today - very pleased.

I was shooting 8.44gr JSB exacts (very annoyingly I didn't realise I had both 7.4 and 8.4 gr tins), which the 54 seemed to like. Accuracy was excellent, with PCP-like accessability.

Cocking gets easier the more you do it, and I soon got into a routine of holding it by the fore end with the left hand and bracing it on the hip or upper thigh, cocking with the right hand and then loading with the right hand while the right elbow is braced in front of the cocking lever.
    Even with the gun tilted up I didn't find it hard to get the leverage to bring the action forward on the sled. When moving the safety to off I give a good push forward just in case the action has moved back. Not strictly necessary but I like to get into a foolproof routine.

What did take a little getting used to was the scope moving back towards the eye. At first it was making me flinch, ruining the follow through, but with not too much effort I was able to train myself out of it. In fact it's quite useful, because it highlights very quickly any issues you have with scope/eye alignment; if you are offset slightly then you will lose the sight picture as you fire. If you have good eye alignment then you hardly notice anything.

I ran out of adjustment on the scope - perhaps a half dozen or so clicks away from where I would like it - so may need to either get another (adjustable) mount, or I may get away with shimming the scope.

I got a bit of a 'HW45' smell from it after about 50 shots or so, so may think about stripping it and replacing the stock lubricants at some point. Also curious about the internals...

All in all very pleased so far. It's accurate, self contained and quite shootable.

This rifle deserves a bit more attention than it gets.
    Good deals with these members