Thread: Embarrassing moments whilst shooting.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Embarrassing moments whilst shooting.

Bu@@ered up three of the first ten shots on the course today, before realising that the stock screws weren't tight. Moral : Check the gun BEFORE you start shooting.

So, your turn, what cock ups have you comitted and not realised until it was too late? Er. shooting, that is!

Dave
    Old age is mandatory, growing up is optional.

forgetting to disengage the safety, and losing the chance of a shot. Im sure im not the only one thats done that!

Cory Crow Guest
    I find my PCP's dont shoot very good when the stock screw it too tight or loose, gets frustrating some times when you have left your allen keys inside!

chris ballard Guest
    A favourite of mine is stalking a rabbit and taking a shot...only to find the bloody bolt was not locked down properly...not clever.

I once crawled for what seemed like half a mile stalking a wabbit. Took the shot, missed (early days pre PCP) so I went for another pellet.

I had sown the lot on a nice neat line as I had crawled through the grass

Paul. is offline Drinks rum like a Fella.....
    forgetting to bring your bolt ask mr bunnybasher
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

https://i.imgflip.com/16hkwb.jpg

Wraith Guest
    Driving 40 miles to a comp and realising that my rifle hadn't made the same drive...

driving 40 miles to a shoot without the bloody pellets!!!!
    constantly trying to take a shot with bolt in rear position!!
    best of all went to retrieve a rabbit my mate had headshot, reached down and WHACK! last twitch he jumped up and hit me in the face covering me in blood, i looked as if i was the one who had just been head shot
    He who never made a mistake never learned anything!
    He who never missed never shot!

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    walked over to pick up a nice fat bunny that I'd head shot. Nice clean job but bugs starts to twitch so at point blank I place muzzle about 1" from bugs' head and squeeze trigger just as he twitches and moves out of the way Repeat this till the mag is empty Bugs is dead as a dodo hit by 1 shot and missed at point blank by lots

All this with an audience
    Gun control means using both hands.

My Dad's most embarrasing moment (if he ever finds out) was shooting at a rabbit last week, missing and watching it lope away only for it to fall over stone dead after about ten yards.

He still thinks he shot it.

Maybe because he didn't see me hidden in the bushes.

Rich

Ps. Yes, he is deaf!
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

Years ago i was shooting out on the golf course at night.

I saw these faint orange glows from the grass edge. I got into stalk mode and oh so slowly slinked up to around 40 yds away.

I thought i could get closer via keeping an Oak tree in between me and the bunny....i got even closer.

I was now around 30-35 yds away and behind a tree..PERFECT.

I cocked the gun and turned on the lamp again, settled into the shot and POW!! Direct head shot..great!!

However, the impact did'nt sound quite right, more of a 'hollow' type sound.
    Whatever..the bunny had'nt moved, so i boldy walked up to it....

....And picked up my prize.

1 very dead 'Happy 21st Birthday' balloon. It must have been left over from a party in the function room at the Club House.

Oh the shame...
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Velocette Guest
    Crouched behind a wall at the bottom of the farmhouse garden waiting for the bunnies which were eating farmers wifes veggies. An overdose of good Bradford curry the night before caused a pressure build up which just had to be released. As the echoes died down heard a clinking noise behind,,turned round to see said farmers wife standing there with a cup of coffee for me. Completely straight faced she said sorry for startling me and that she had been standing there quietly for a few moments "not wanting to frighten the rabbits". I simply couldn't tell if she was taking the p**s or not. Probably just very British good manners pretending nothing was amiss.

Girlfriends brother took a guy out on a shoot when plod (ARU) decided to interrupt proceeding's ... ('particularly' gung ho this lot) plenty of parade ground type yelling, thrusting of H & K's (i.e. i really wish i could go to Iraq but tracking down insurgent pest controller's is all i can manage for now ) and generally acting in a manner that would've impressed Baden Powell himself, anyway... the guy literally s*** and p***** himself and was left to stand there while they ran the check's

(footnote : i'm not taking the mickey it's pretty scary i'll be the first to admit)

Gary Foster Guest
    Me, giving it the big "I am" about paunching my 6 rabbits last night and then retching all over the place after the first cut in front of my shooting buddy and his missus. Well they had a bl00dy good larf anyway