Thread: Smith and Wesson 79g Wanted

Smith and Wesson 79g Wanted

Looking for a S&W 79g in useable condition,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Still looking
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Still looking

Ni Nige

There's one for sale on Freeads but it's far north of you in deepest darkest Stocksbridge (Or thereabouts!)

It's not cheap either @ £190 but it looks a cracking pistola!!

>>Clicky<<

Dunno if you ever get this far north or maybe the seller delivers for a living, It couldn't hurt to ask him, I wouldn't send money through the post to an unknown recipient ever again after being stung by a card in Honiton

I've been wanting a 79G for ages and of course they only appear for sale when my Wonga is accounted for

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Ni Nige

There's one for sale on Freeads but it's far north of you in deepest darkest Stocksbridge (Or thereabouts!)

It's not cheap either @ £190 but it looks a cracking pistola!!

>>Clicky<<

Dunno if you ever get this far north or maybe the seller delivers for a living, It couldn't hurt to ask him, I wouldn't send money through the post to an unknown recipient ever again after being stung by a card in Honiton

I've been wanting a 79G for ages and of course they only appear for sale when my Wonga is accounted for

John
    Hello,

Here's another reason why this site is so important to us collectors. It's nice to have members like John looking out for items on behalf of other members. I have received many leads via the forum and quite a few direct purchases for which I'm really grateful.

The 79G in the advert is definitely at the top end of the range, but you don't see these particular pistols up for sale very often.

I have the 78G (.22) version and have found it to be very accurate and satisfyingly noisy which only adds to the enjoyment. I used to to shoot the S&W Mod 41 before the breech loading ban, and this is the only air pistol trainer Iv'e used which comes close to the handling characteristics of the live firearm it replicates.

Regards

Brian

Thanks both, that does look like a nice example if a little pricey but I too am reluctent to send £200 to someone unknown and with no traceable feedback,

I have a couple of leads from members on the forum so hoping one will come through, I actually think the 78g is the better shooter but as I intend to use at my club in informal comps need a .177, I like shooting older pistols for informal stuff and leaving my Morini for the more serious comps, it takes any pressure off and allows me to just shoot for a bit of fun which is always nice after a long week at work, just fancy a change from my LP53 and Drulov,

Again thank you, I'm sure one will show up sooner or later.

Cheers
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Smile

Thanks both, that does look like a nice example if a little pricey but I too am reluctent to send £200 to someone unknown and with no traceable feedback,

I have a couple of leads from members on the forum so hoping one will come through, I actually think the 78g is the better shooter but as I intend to use at my club in informal comps need a .177, I like shooting older pistols for informal stuff and leaving my Morini for the more serious comps, it takes any pressure off and allows me to just shoot for a bit of fun which is always nice after a long week at work, just fancy a change from my LP53 and Drulov,

Again thank you, I'm sure one will show up sooner or later.

Cheers

Hope you get one mate, As I said, I was looking for one of these for a while (78 or 79) but this turned up now when I'm saving me pennies to go to the Vintage fayre at Melbourne!!

If it's still on sale after i'vew been to the fayre I may get in touch with the fella and make an offer!!

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hope you get one mate, As I said, I was looking for one of these for a while (78 or 79) but this turned up now when I'm saving me pennies to go to the Vintage fayre at Melbourne!!

If it's still on sale after i'vew been to the fayre I may get in touch with the fella and make an offer!!

John
    Sent him an email to find out a bit more and have been offered another that needs a reseal so looking up
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello,

Here's another reason why this site is so important to us collectors. It's nice to have members like John looking out for items on behalf of other members. I have received many leads via the forum and quite a few direct purchases for which I'm really grateful.

The 79G in the advert is definitely at the top end of the range, but you don't see these particular pistols up for sale very often.

I have the 78G (.22) version and have found it to be very accurate and satisfyingly noisy which only adds to the enjoyment. I used to to shoot the S&W Mod 41 before the breech loading ban, and this is the only air pistol trainer Iv'e used which comes close to the handling characteristics of the live firearm it replicates.

Regards

Brian
    Hi Brian

I found a BSF 55 for a friend that used to be on here, I went and bought it and posted it to him, The chap that was selling it was only about three miles from me, I posted to a friend in Wales

John

Thumbs up

Sent him an email to find out a bit more and have been offered another that needs a reseal so looking up
    Ahh! It may work out yet then!!

fairly easy to reseal if the front hammer adjusting sleeve is difficult to slide out use a m8 taper tap to screw into the tube so you can then pull it
    when it's out thread it a bit better so then a m8 bolt can be used to pull it

thanks for all your replies and offers, I am now sorted with a lovely example thanks to trowel.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,