Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I wonder what you will be putting on the table J, just my luck, I have to work
    Breathe easy P!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Just returned home from Melbourne and sad to say (or maybe not) I didnt buy anything !
    Got slightly tempted by a couple of things but somehow the urge to "prise open the wallet" didn't masterialize !
    Maybe next time ?

Johnbaz bought a few interesting things though !
    “An airgun or two”………

Only bought a bean bag.
    Was interested in a Venom scope but the seller wanted £200 for it. It was common knowledge that he had bought it off another seller before the doors opened to the public for £40. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against enterprise, but that was taking the p$$$ in my eyes. I personally think it should be stopped sellers buying from sellers before the doors open.
    Apologise if that goes against the grain with some folk on here but it's my opinion.
    Fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    Only bought a bean bag.
    Was interested in a Venom scope but the seller wanted £200 for it. It was common knowledge that he had bought it off another seller before the doors opened to the public for £40. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against enterprise, but that was taking the p$$$ in my eyes. I personally think it should be stopped sellers buying from sellers before the doors open.
    Apologise if that goes against the grain with some folk on here but it's my opinion.
    Fozzy
    What he wants and what he actually gets is a different matter.

Another great day and good to see so many old friends again plus I bought a bargain pistol (after the doors had opened).

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Good day

I also had a good day at Melbourne, met up with some fellow collectors again, collected a Webley Eclipse from a BBS member I had arranged to meet, many thanks to the Legion Club and the Fayre organisers, also the people that put on the barbeque and the club staff for their efforts, on my way home I collected a Webley Exocet from another BBS member, all in all a good day, atb Karl.

Only bought a bean bag.
    Fozzy
    Saw that as well Fozz !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

Another great day and good to see so many old friends again plus I bought a bargain pistol (after the doors had opened).

ATB
    Ian
    Nice to see you today Ian !
    I didnt find a nice 97 but I was almost tempted by your Mk. 7 Airsporter and your Challenger but some lucky soul beat me to them at the death.
    Next time maybe !
    John.

ps. "Your 95" is still shooting great Sir !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    Ian
    I made him an offer and he was adamant he wanted £200.
    Doing what he did made him a trader which I thought was not allowed?.
    Fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Nice to see you today Ian !
    I didnt find a nice 97 but I was almost tempted by your Mk. 7 Airsporter and your Challenger but some lucky soul beat me to them at the death.
    Next time maybe !
    John.

ps. "Your 95" is still shooting great Sir !
    They both went to the same good home. They were my mate Phils.

I made him an offer and he was adamant he wanted £200.
    Doing what he did made him a trader which I thought was not allowed?.
    Fozzy
    Not a trader in my eyes - an opportunist.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Melbourne

I didn't buy anything of significance but enjoyed the day as always,many thanks to the organisers. There was a lovely Park RH93 but it was beyond my pocket. Highlight of the fare is chewing the fat with like minded collectors and in particular seeing and handling lovely collectable Classic airguns.Thanks for sharing Nick and Ian....what a pair of beauties....the rifles not the blokes !!
    See you next time.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    I didn't buy anything of significance but enjoyed the day as always,many thanks to the organisers. There was a lovely Park RH93 but it was beyond my pocket. Highlight of the fare is chewing the fat with like minded collectors and in particular seeing and handling lovely collectable Classic airguns.Thanks for sharing Nick and Ian....what a pair of beauties....the rifles not the blokes !!
    See you next time.
    Yes, great to meet you too bud.
    We like show and tell where possible.
    Fozzy

Venom scope

Only bought a bean bag.
    Fozzy
    Hi Fozzy

These fayres are organised to raise money for the RBL and to provide a day out for airgun collectors who wish to buy or sell parts of their collection

Purchasing an item and then inflating the price by 500 percent and attempting to resell it at the same fayre has little to do with collecting and is wrong.

I do not know who the individual was but I will bring your concerns to the present committee's attention

John
    Last edited by T 20; 12-03-2017 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Quotation sorted for clarity
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Hi Fozzy

These fayres are organised to raise money for the RBL and to provide a day out for airgun collectors who wish to buy or sell parts of their collection

Purchasing an item and then inflating the price by 500 percent and attempting to resell it at the same fayre has little to do with collecting and is wrong.

I do not know who the individual was but I will bring your concerns to the present committee's attention

John
    Thankyou.
    It was the table at the side of the bar, guy with the ginger/grey looking beard.
    Much appreciated.
    Fozzy

Last edited by T 20; 12-03-2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Quotation sorted for clarity

Many thanks to the organisers for a well attended event. Great day out again, nice way to dispose of some bits and pieces then replace them with something else, and, to put some faces to the names. Well worth the 300+ mile round trip.
    Mel

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mel h View Post
    Many thanks to the organisers for a well attended event. Great day out again, nice way to dispose of some bits and pieces then replace them with something else, and, to put some faces to the names. Well worth the 300+ mile round trip.
    Mel
    Nice chatting again Mel

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/