Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
Your experience is totally different to mine (P38).

I agree it really looks the business is a great weight and really feels the part - for me that is where it ends.

The slide return spring is truly feeble - yes the slide returns but only just and then rattles - but that is nothing compared to the trigger. I can honestly say it is the WORST trigger of any of my pistols and I have over 40. When not gassed up the trigger seems smooth enough despite the overlong pull. Once gassed up it feels like it is pushing through gravel and the weight is ridiculous - the first time I used it I thought it was broken as the effort needed is beyond belief. After the first shot the trigger moves slightly forward, clicks and you can fire the next shot but again the heaviness of the pull is just taking the mick. It has been returned under warranty but sent back to me saying it was normal.

DON"T BUY ONE.

It looks good on the wall but is only used to show people how truly dreadful it is.
I agree on one of your points, in that your experience is totally different to mine!

I have had no issues with my slide, other than when I damaged the return spring. A replacement soon sorted that though. The trigger is no match unit but good enough to consistently topple tins at 12 yards or so and for the pistol to group well at closer distances.

I would recommend the P38 without hesitation.

Maybe the best advice is to try before you buy either at a club or shop with a range?

John