Thread: If you wanted to buy just one CO2 blowback gun, what would it be?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [QUOTE=blooregard;7192192]NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a clickety clackety underpowered poorly made travesty of a gun with a stupid magazine. For me, Sig really tarnished their name with these.

Totally Disagree, very nicely made gun solid, hefty, balanced, nice trigger, good blowback action, consistent shooter, aim off a little , but what fixed sites aren't, good looking gun!
    Dual magazine functions great and loading C02 cartridge a breeze!
    You probably haven't even owned one! Why would you?
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

1911 all the way

Swiss Arms P1911, same gun as TF Witness, Remington 1911 RAC & TAC et al

Personally I like the older "cleaner" style rather the the newer "tactical" versions, I can't see the point of putting a red dot or a scope on something that's not THAT accurate.
    Brilliant fun - fire as fast as you can pull the trigger or take your time - just get one !

My tips - get extra mags, don't overfill. I fire with 8 rounds, that way the mag spring doesn't get stressed and the C02 recovers when fast shooting.
    Watch the targets and rebounds which can be deadly !! (get glasses maybe ?)

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by David22 View Post
    ...Watch the targets and rebounds which can be deadly !! (get glasses maybe ?)
    Make that Definitely get glasses, and keeping your mouth closed while shooting is probably a good idea too... even 6mm plastic BBs can destroy eyeballs and break teeth, and they are both frangible and low velocity.
    Steel BBs can ricochet like the devil and are hard and fast enough to do serious damage.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    Totally Disagree, very nicely made gun solid, hefty, balanced, nice trigger, good blowback action, consistent shooter, aim off a little , but what fixed sites aren't, good looking gun!
    Dual magazine functions great and loading C02 cartridge a breeze!
    You probably haven't even owned one! Why would you?
    That's up to you dude, the world would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything.

No I haven't owned one. All of the ones I've shot were very toy like and put me off completely. Solid, hefty and a nice trigger are the last words I would use!!

Swiss Arms P1911, same gun as TF Witness, Remington 1911 RAC & TAC et al

Personally I like the older "cleaner" style rather the the newer "tactical" versions, I can't see the point of putting a red dot or a scope on something that's not THAT accurate.
    Brilliant fun - fire as fast as you can pull the trigger or take your time - just get one !

My tips - get extra mags, don't overfill. I fire with 8 rounds, that way the mag spring doesn't get stressed and the C02 recovers when fast shooting.
    Watch the targets and rebounds which can be deadly !! (get glasses maybe ?)
    You should try the red dot chap, scope is overkill but a red dot is great for fast shooting! I do exactly the same with my mags, load a few bbs and let them recover some heat. Once all 4 are empty I load them all up and off I go again.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post

You should try the red dot chap, scope is overkill but a red dot is great for fast shooting! I do exactly the same with my mags, load a few bbs and let them recover some heat. Once all 4 are empty I load them all up and off I go again.
    I'm open to that idea, was thinking of the Umarex M45 CQBP
    or is the Remington TAC as good and cheaper ? Assume you mount under the barrel ?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by David22 View Post
    I'm open to that idea, was thinking of the Umarex M45 CQBP
    or is the Remington TAC as good and cheaper ? Assume you mount under the barrel ?
    You can only a mount a laser under the barrel - you wouldn't be able to see through a red dot sight
    Cheap lasers are available off the bay and the one I have is pretty amazing for under a fiver, but they are both only a gimmick in truth - open sights are all you need on a pistol.