Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you wanted to buy just one CO2 blowback gun, what would it be?

If you wanted to buy just one CO2 blowback gun, what would it be?

I'm thinking probably one of the following:

Colt 1911 Witness or Swiss Arms version

Beretta 92 or Taurus variant

Sig x5 p226

Luger KWC build

Other?

Reason: I suppose everyone should have at least one of these, even if they are bb.

I would prefer one with the co2 and bbs in the magazine.

Wouldn't get shot much though.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I have the Remington 1911 - it's a nice iconic piece, that at least actually emulates an original in form & function and I can kind of understand the cachet a real one must have...(sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    ?...Wouldn't get shot much though.
    When you shoot a co, I found to my cost that you should never store it part used. I've got a Remington 1911 and the seal went. Can't buy spares and the manufacture wanted over $50 just to send a seal and valve. Got a replacement complete mag for a lot less.
    Personally, it's a waste of money.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Can't beat a 1911.
    I bought a TFW, but more as a wall hanger than anything else - bit of wire wool around the edges and it looks the business.
    Buy one 2nd hand, shoot it until it stops working, and then just enjoy it as an extremely cool paperweight....
    Good deals with these members

Thanks for the replies.
    Arthur

Cant compare because I've only owned the Witness for going on 5yrs and wouldn't be without. Did give up on it after a few issues early on but then read and watched videos for fixes. I now know a lot about it and have kept it going, and use the Witness daily. Have bought two of the Swiss Arms as replacements should the T. Witness get beyond repair or as donor guns for spare parts. GET ONE! Don't like the trades on side of Remington but S/A look fine. PM me for fixes IF necessary. ATB. Pete. PS. please only load 10 bb's at a time!!! you're asking for double feed issues with more.
    Last edited by peteswright; 10-02-2017 at 03:49 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Sig Sauer 226 Pellet Blowback, but the new P320 looks even better!
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Another vote for the 1911
    FAS 604, Remington 1911, Colt SAA, HW45, BSA Mercury, Winchester underlever (Walther), SMK QB78

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    Sig Sauer 226 Pellet Blowback, but the new P320 looks even better!
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a clickety clackety underpowered poorly made travesty of a gun with a stupid magazine. For me, Sig really tarnished their name with these.

When you shoot a co, I found to my cost that you should never store it part used. I've got a Remington 1911 and the seal went. Can't buy spares and the manufacture wanted over $50 just to send a seal and valve. Got a replacement complete mag for a lot less.
    Personally, it's a waste of money.
    Keep your seals moist and ALWAYS leave gas in them, you will rarely get a failure. The amount of damage done removing a CO2 bulb with gas left in it is far greater than leaving it gassed.

Colt 1911 Witness or Swiss Arms version

Beretta 92 or Taurus variant

Sig x5 p226

Luger KWC build

Other?
    These are all KSC guns, I have all of them and I enjoy shooting all of them. They are all great for different reasons.

The 1911 is a 1911 so is great. There are 2 models, a more traditional one and a more tactical one, both are great but the tactical styled one allows you to mount lasers\red dots etc and is more tacticool.

The PT92 feels hefty and well made and sounds great.

The SIG is my least favourite, but it's not bad.

The Luger is a bit special because of how well they captured the feel of the original.

Also consider the Mini Uzi or the M712, again both a lot of fun. I have probably too many guns like this so they don't all get used a lot, but I think they are great fun for not a lot of money.

Mcavoys currently have the PT92, 1911 and mayve more forabout £60, absolute bargain.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a clickety clackety underpowered poorly made travesty of a gun with a stupid magazine...
    Really? The new Sig 320 ASP seems to been getting some good reviews...or is this an older version as I thought it wasn't out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Really? The new Sig 320 ASP seems to been getting some good reviews...or is this an older version as I thought it wasn't out yet?
    The old ones got some great reviews from some well known people in the community, I've not met anyone in the flesh who thinks they are any good. Maybe I was expecting a lot more with it being made by Sig but I've not been able to find anything on them that resembled the quality you would expect, they are certainly no better made than any of hte KWC guns.

To be fair I canot comment on the new ones as I haven't handled one. If you are after a blowback pistol my thoughts are that a BB fed into the pipe and fired from the chamber is a lot better than a pellet in very thin revolving magazine firing from a different chamber every time and then having to jump to the barrel via a forcing cone.

Thanks for the info and recommendations.
    Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    The old ones got some great reviews from some well known people in the community, I've not met anyone in the flesh who thinks they are any good. Maybe I was expecting a lot more with it being made by Sig but I've not been able to find anything on them that resembled the quality you would expect, they are certainly no better made than any of hte KWC guns.

To be fair I canot comment on the new ones as I haven't handled one. If you are after a blowback pistol my thoughts are that a BB fed into the pipe and fired from the chamber is a lot better than a pellet in very thin revolving magazine firing from a different chamber every time and then having to jump to the barrel via a forcing cone.
    The. ASG Cz 75 P-09 is very good, especially with a red dot fitted. Ignore the tosh about front sights flying off. More accurate than a bb shooter too. I await the inevitable whinge about the ejection port and lack of lock back from someone

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Nobody has tried a 320 yet in the UK and yet the "experts" have already concluded it is no good. Marvellous

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Nobody has tried a 320 yet in the UK and yet the "experts" have already concluded it is no good. Marvellous
    Who's concluded that dude ?? I've not seen a review of it yet but it would fit in with my preconceptions based on the last bunch they made. It's a shame that being made by Sig they do not charge more for them and make them a lot better.

The. ASG Cz 75 P-09 is very good, especially with a red dot fitted. Ignore the tosh about front sights flying off. More accurate than a bb shooter too. I await the inevitable whinge about the ejection port and lack of lock back from someone
    Yep, they are pretty good. Locking out of battery and an open ejection port would add a great deal to them though, they are replicas after all. Different horses for different courses I suppose

And that reminds me, another great blowback gun, possibly my favourite is the KWC CZ75 also sold as an ASG.

The cast parts are of exceptional quality and the barrel bushing is machined from bright aluminium with a polished ejection port. It has the correct makers marks (albeit etched rather than stamped and and the obligatory airgun markings) on the slide and they are moulded into the grips. The action is authentic with a half cock, locked breach and correct field strip.

The magazine is nice as the grub screw is hidden underneath the authentically removable follower plate, however I think the supplied magazine is anochranistic to the original model as it is the extended version (maybe a trade off for the CO2).

It is an almost perfect replica of a pre model B CZ75 (Also, mine came with some excellent plastic 4.5mm bbs that do not ricochet all over the place)
    Last edited by blooregard; 10-02-2017 at 08:18 PM.