Thread: If you wanted to buy just one CO2 blowback gun, what would it be?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Really? The new Sig 320 ASP seems to been getting some good reviews...or is this an older version as I thought it wasn't out yet?
    Nobody has tried a 320 yet in the UK and yet the "experts" have already concluded it is no good. Marvellous

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Nobody has tried a 320 yet in the UK and yet the "experts" have already concluded it is no good. Marvellous
    Who's concluded that dude ?? I've not seen a review of it yet but it would fit in with my preconceptions based on the last bunch they made. It's a shame that being made by Sig they do not charge more for them and make them a lot better.

The. ASG Cz 75 P-09 is very good, especially with a red dot fitted. Ignore the tosh about front sights flying off. More accurate than a bb shooter too. I await the inevitable whinge about the ejection port and lack of lock back from someone
    Yep, they are pretty good. Locking out of battery and an open ejection port would add a great deal to them though, they are replicas after all. Different horses for different courses I suppose

And that reminds me, another great blowback gun, possibly my favourite is the KWC CZ75 also sold as an ASG.

The cast parts are of exceptional quality and the barrel bushing is machined from bright aluminium with a polished ejection port. It has the correct makers marks (albeit etched rather than stamped and and the obligatory airgun markings) on the slide and they are moulded into the grips. The action is authentic with a half cock, locked breach and correct field strip.

The magazine is nice as the grub screw is hidden underneath the authentically removable follower plate, however I think the supplied magazine is anochranistic to the original model as it is the extended version (maybe a trade off for the CO2).

It is an almost perfect replica of a pre model B CZ75 (Also, mine came with some excellent plastic 4.5mm bbs that do not ricochet all over the place)
    Last edited by blooregard; 10-02-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Tanfoglio Witness for me. Had one previously and regret selling it. I had a Sig P226 too, which was good fun and pretty realistic especially weight & mag wise but it didn't cycle quite as reliably as the TFW. Both brilliant fun though
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Two TFWs for me. You know, just in case one breaks...

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    The old ones got some great reviews from some well known people in the community, I've not met anyone in the flesh who thinks they are any good. Maybe I was expecting a lot more with it being made by Sig but I've not been able to find anything on them that resembled the quality you would expect, they are certainly no better made than any of hte KWC guns.

To be fair I canot comment on the new ones as I haven't handled one. If you are after a blowback pistol my thoughts are that a BB fed into the pipe and fired from the chamber is a lot better than a pellet in very thin revolving magazine firing from a different chamber every time and then having to jump to the barrel via a forcing cone.

The new one (ASP version) has a belt mag and has only just been announced https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...et-air-pistol/ I take it the earlier versions are the usual linear BB offerings?
    The trigger of the new model seems to be singled out for praise - the traditional failing of the the cheaper revolver-dressed-as-a-semi-auto offering.
    The fact its a proper pellet gun will make it much more interesting than the BB versions to many.
    Last edited by harvey_s; 10-02-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    The new one (ASP version) has a belt mag and has only just been announced https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...et-air-pistol/ I take it the earlier versions are the usual linear BB offerings?
    The trigger of the new model seems to be singled out for praise - the traditional failing of the the cheaper revolver-dressed-as-a-semi-auto offering.
    The fact its a proper pellet gun will make it much more interesting than the BB versions to many.
    The old ones used the PX4 style mags.

Agreed, the trigger is definately the downfall of many a dressed up revolver and Sig do seem to have got that to work well on the MPX\MCX.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Who's concluded that dude ?? I've not seen a review of it yet but it would fit in with my preconceptions based on the last bunch they made. It's a shame that being made by Sig they do not charge more for them and make them a lot better.

Well ok, to be pedantic, but a few people seem to be basing their views on "preconceptions" based on SiGs first foray into airguns. Ever heard of R&D, design improvement etc. Had I listened to all the tosh about the P-09 being bandied about I would have missed out on a very good pistol. Suffice to say I wait until something is actually available in the UK and yours truly can try it out in person before making a judgement.

Yep, they are pretty good. Locking out of battery and an open ejection port would add a great deal to them though, they are replicas after all. Different horses for different courses I suppose

You find me a CO2 pellet gun that locks out of battery and I'll send you a crisp fiverNo-one makes one, can't (it would appear) be done. As such I discount it from my expectations. The Umarex Beretta Storm has a cut out ejection port but is an inferior shooter to the ASG P-09. I'd rather have the better accuracy and function of the ASG

horses for courses, as you say...

The Umarex Walther P38 with battlefield finish would be my choice.

It has great looks, correct Walther markings, a realistic blowback action and accuracy to boot.

I've also enjoyed an Argie Bursa, which is a lovely compact pistol with surprisingly good accuracy. I'm hoping to borrow one soon from a friend for a proper test.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    The Umarex Walther P38 with battlefield finish would be my choice.

It has great looks, correct Walther markings, a realistic blowback action and accuracy to boot.

I've also enjoyed an Argie Bursa, which is a lovely compact pistol with surprisingly good accuracy. I'm hoping to borrow one soon from a friend for a proper test.

John
    Your experience is totally different to mine (P38).

I agree it really looks the business is a great weight and really feels the part - for me that is where it ends.

The slide return spring is truly feeble - yes the slide returns but only just and then rattles - but that is nothing compared to the trigger. I can honestly say it is the WORST trigger of any of my pistols and I have over 40. When not gassed up the trigger seems smooth enough despite the overlong pull. Once gassed up it feels like it is pushing through gravel and the weight is ridiculous - the first time I used it I thought it was broken as the effort needed is beyond belief. After the first shot the trigger moves slightly forward, clicks and you can fire the next shot but again the heaviness of the pull is just taking the mick. It has been returned under warranty but sent back to me saying it was normal.

DON"T BUY ONE.

It looks good on the wall but is only used to show people how truly dreadful it is.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Your experience is totally different to mine (P38).

I agree it really looks the business is a great weight and really feels the part - for me that is where it ends.

The slide return spring is truly feeble - yes the slide returns but only just and then rattles - but that is nothing compared to the trigger. I can honestly say it is the WORST trigger of any of my pistols and I have over 40. When not gassed up the trigger seems smooth enough despite the overlong pull. Once gassed up it feels like it is pushing through gravel and the weight is ridiculous - the first time I used it I thought it was broken as the effort needed is beyond belief. After the first shot the trigger moves slightly forward, clicks and you can fire the next shot but again the heaviness of the pull is just taking the mick. It has been returned under warranty but sent back to me saying it was normal.

DON"T BUY ONE.

It looks good on the wall but is only used to show people how truly dreadful it is.
    I agree on one of your points, in that your experience is totally different to mine!

I have had no issues with my slide, other than when I damaged the return spring. A replacement soon sorted that though. The trigger is no match unit but good enough to consistently topple tins at 12 yards or so and for the pistol to group well at closer distances.

I would recommend the P38 without hesitation.

Maybe the best advice is to try before you buy either at a club or shop with a range?

John