Thread: If you wanted to buy just one CO2 blowback gun, what would it be?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If you wanted to buy just one CO2 blowback gun, what would it be?

I'm thinking probably one of the following:

Colt 1911 Witness or Swiss Arms version

Beretta 92 or Taurus variant

Sig x5 p226

Luger KWC build

Other?

Reason: I suppose everyone should have at least one of these, even if they are bb.

I would prefer one with the co2 and bbs in the magazine.

Wouldn't get shot much though.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I have the Remington 1911 - it's a nice iconic piece, that at least actually emulates an original in form & function and I can kind of understand the cachet a real one must have...(sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    ?...Wouldn't get shot much though.
    When you shoot a co, I found to my cost that you should never store it part used. I've got a Remington 1911 and the seal went. Can't buy spares and the manufacture wanted over $50 just to send a seal and valve. Got a replacement complete mag for a lot less.
    Personally, it's a waste of money.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Can't beat a 1911.
    I bought a TFW, but more as a wall hanger than anything else - bit of wire wool around the edges and it looks the business.
    Buy one 2nd hand, shoot it until it stops working, and then just enjoy it as an extremely cool paperweight....
    Good deals with these members

Thanks for the replies.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Cant compare because I've only owned the Witness for going on 5yrs and wouldn't be without. Did give up on it after a few issues early on but then read and watched videos for fixes. I now know a lot about it and have kept it going, and use the Witness daily. Have bought two of the Swiss Arms as replacements should the T. Witness get beyond repair or as donor guns for spare parts. GET ONE! Don't like the trades on side of Remington but S/A look fine. PM me for fixes IF necessary. ATB. Pete. PS. please only load 10 bb's at a time!!! you're asking for double feed issues with more.
    Last edited by peteswright; 10-02-2017 at 03:49 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Sig Sauer 226 Pellet Blowback, but the new P320 looks even better!
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Another vote for the 1911
    FAS 604, Remington 1911, Colt SAA, HW45, BSA Mercury, Winchester underlever (Walther), SMK QB78

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    Sig Sauer 226 Pellet Blowback, but the new P320 looks even better!
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a clickety clackety underpowered poorly made travesty of a gun with a stupid magazine. For me, Sig really tarnished their name with these.

When you shoot a co, I found to my cost that you should never store it part used. I've got a Remington 1911 and the seal went. Can't buy spares and the manufacture wanted over $50 just to send a seal and valve. Got a replacement complete mag for a lot less.
    Personally, it's a waste of money.
    Keep your seals moist and ALWAYS leave gas in them, you will rarely get a failure. The amount of damage done removing a CO2 bulb with gas left in it is far greater than leaving it gassed.

Colt 1911 Witness or Swiss Arms version

Beretta 92 or Taurus variant

Sig x5 p226

Luger KWC build

Other?
    These are all KSC guns, I have all of them and I enjoy shooting all of them. They are all great for different reasons.

The 1911 is a 1911 so is great. There are 2 models, a more traditional one and a more tactical one, both are great but the tactical styled one allows you to mount lasers\red dots etc and is more tacticool.

The PT92 feels hefty and well made and sounds great.

The SIG is my least favourite, but it's not bad.

The Luger is a bit special because of how well they captured the feel of the original.

Also consider the Mini Uzi or the M712, again both a lot of fun. I have probably too many guns like this so they don't all get used a lot, but I think they are great fun for not a lot of money.

Mcavoys currently have the PT92, 1911 and mayve more forabout £60, absolute bargain.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich