Thread: Alaros Starfire Power low

Alaros Starfire Power low

I Have taken in an Alros Starfire Co2 and i must say what lovely Looking Co2 rifle
    charged it with 2 12g co2 capsules and only running at 6.5 FT Pound is this just an adjustment on the hammer spring +
    how to remove from stock? I have only had chance for a 5 minute look but will hopefully have more time at the weekend
    Any info on these rifles appreciated

to take out of the stock you need to unscrew the co2 tube from the action(if it's the same as my shadow)
    on the shadow- m400 and trailsman the hammer has an adjustable spring seat I'd imagine the starfire is the same action with a co2 tube but it's the one I haven't got

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    to take out of the stock you need to unscrew the co2 tube from the action(if it's the same as my shadow)
    on the shadow- m400 and trailsman the hammer has an adjustable spring seat I'd imagine the starfire is the same action with a co2 tube but it's the one I haven't got
    I have a trailsman. The spring seat gives me a level of adjustment... possibly 3+ ft lbs.
    Your rifle seems to be quite low already.
    Perhaps to get more you may have to consider stripping down the 'airtube' to adjust the valve inside? These are all very similar systems, and the aim is just to alter the setup so that the resulting hammer strike allows more gas out by having just a little more movement in the pin on the valve. Miniscule adjustment in its movement should make all the difference.

Alros

Hi Chieffool we have spoken before I already have the Trailsman I stripped it and replaced everything, shooting sweet at 11.5 I wasn't sure if the CO2 version was on the same principle

Hi there.
    I think it is, though I don't have your rifle is to hand to compare. That's because my trailsman is badged as 'CO2' and the air tube was converted to PCP. I always assumed the conversion only required fitting a filler valve onto the 'front' of the tube. I have a second air tube that (I was told) came from a Starfire.

Let me know how you get on and what the solution is.

the pcp trailsmans fill via the valve a mate had a co2 tubed trailsman and he had low power this he increased by fitting a softer valve spring and backing off the valve spring adjuster but it was still less than full power
    I often wondered if the ports were different on the co2 ones

I get a remarkably consistant 24 shots (3 x reloads of the fixed 8 shot magazine) @11.6 down to 11.2 ft lbs from a 190 fill on a 200psi reservoir. The gun was originally CO2, but apparently identical mechanically. The two air reservoirs I've ended up with needed a lot of tweaking (as suggested above), and I revised the whole slam weight and cocking spring setup... But now such a sweet little rifle.

they're good little guns my trailsmans are single shot but I have a m400 that has the octopus magazine along wit a single shot m400 and a shadow 180

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    they're good little guns my trailsmans are single shot but I have a m400 that has the octopus magazine along wit a single shot m400 and a shadow 180
    That is quite a selection of the Alros brand.

i have a few but my mate Davey has more than me more trailsmans mainly octopuses but has a factory lefty shadow