Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trainer air rifle recommendations please

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Hw30 all day long
    No brainer.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Hw30 all day long

^^^^^^^^^^
    This

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Hw30 all day long
    The HW30s measures up to all your requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Bob

BSA are good at supporting things like this

If I can help by ordering them at trade for you just say the word but I suspect a manufacturer may help you out
    Hi Richard

That's good to know. This wouldn't be a one off as I'd probably run another course next year as well, if not more. I had six lads this year one of whom as now joined the club and I think funnily enough has bough a BSA PCP!

I'd forgotten I had it but I do have an old Supersport which shoots quite nicely so if the new ones are comparable, this could be a way to go especially if you or someone could arrange trade. If I could come back to you in the near future on that it would be very much appreciated

I'll also look at the HW30 as I've not really looked at this model. I also have a HW35 which is fine for me but the barrel lock catches a few people out.

Cheers

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

HW30 makes sense, it's pretty robust and accurate, easy to service.

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    Hi Richard

That's good to know. This wouldn't be a one off as I'd probably run another course next year as well, if not more. I had six lads this year one of whom as now joined the club and I think funnily enough has bough a BSA PCP!

I'd forgotten I had it but I do have an old Supersport which shoots quite nicely so if the new ones are comparable, this could be a way to go especially if you or someone could arrange trade. If I could come back to you in the near future on that it would be very much appreciated

I'll also look at the HW30 as I've not really looked at this model. I also have a HW35 which is fine for me but the barrel lock catches a few people out.

Cheers

Bob
    Offers always there Bob

I don't sell many airguns but if it helps the youth, I enjoyed my D of E although we spent most of our time in tents with the tottie
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Offers always there Bob

I don't sell many airguns but if it helps the youth, I enjoyed my D of E although we spent most of our time in tents with the tottie
    You sir, were what we trainers/leaders class as a nightmare

You've got a pm Richard. (Edit: Can you clear your in box please?)

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Result

Hi all

Just to update, I ended up with 6 off HW99's rifles complete with 3-9x40 AO Hawk scopes, mounts and a quality slip per outfit.

Ran the first proper training session on Sat (the first was class room based covering safety, range rules and law plus types of rifle and competitions) and once the young participants had put the sights back where they should have been (can't think how they could have been so far out) they were ringing bells and knocking over targets at 25 yards with open sights with relative ease.

Have to say it, these rifles are the dogs danglies as training/starter rifles for club or other use.

Thanks for all your replies, each one of which received due scrutiny and thought before we made the final decision.

Cheers

Bob

BARPC

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    Hi all

Just to update, I ended up with 6 off HW99's rifles complete with 3-9x40 AO Hawk scopes, mounts and a quality slip per outfit.

Ran the first proper training session on Sat (the first was class room based covering safety, range rules and law plus types of rifle and competitions) and once the young participants had put the sights back where they should have been (can't think how they could have been so far out) they were ringing bells and knocking over targets at 25 yards with open sights with relative ease.

Have to say it, these rifles are the dogs danglies as training/starter rifles for club or other use.

Thanks for all your replies, each one of which received due scrutiny and thought before we made the final decision.

Cheers

Bob
    good to hear. just keep an eye on the grinding cocking links. They may have fixed the issues now though.

cannot understand all the HW must have. i do my best with BSA and Biakal. my biakal air pistol was beetling some of the bullet pistols on the range.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.