Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TX200 Mk. 4 ?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    My personal angle on AA is that they seem to make a very large range of air rifles nowadays, the S410 array is truly massive !
    “An airgun or two”………

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    As the TX is just a rip off of the 77 and the Pro Elite was a rip off of the 80, I think they should now do a 95 rip off with that lovely 25mm piston of theirs and some georgeous wood.

I would put down a deposit today!!
    The Pro Elite was nothing like the 80 except for it being a big break barrel. On second thought, it was like the 80 a bit. I guess it's kind of hard to make something that's truly different. Just like cars when you think about it. They all have wheels and an engine and get you from place to place. Some just look better doing it just like the Pro Elite looked so much better than the 80. I used to have both and all are now gone to fund purchases of that rip off TX200.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Sorry to correct you but the PE does not have a rotating piston
    Also not central transfer port. The PE had some problems, but if you had a good one, it was a big step up from the 80.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    Also not central transfer port. The PE had some problems, but if you had a good one, it was a big step up from the 80.
    The one thing that the 80 has over the PE is it's a time tested reliable classic that is still going strong

Left handed prosport

I've emailed them at least 3 time when I've had a drink or 10 asking that question about a left handed prosport. Always get the same response that there is no interest!
    I need one in my life!

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Good call, I wonder how many orders they would want before they'd make a break barrel.

Pete
    They've already made one. I've got one in bits here. It's like a meteor, with a TX trigger unit.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggers View Post
    I've emailed them at least 3 time when I've had a drink or 10 asking that question about a left handed prosport. Always get the same response that there is no interest!
    I need one in my life!
    Buy a standard RH in beech. Order a left hand CS stock for it and sell the beech stock on the bay. It will be more expensive, by about £170.00, for sure but you will have a Prosport in your life and it will be left handed.

A.G

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Buy a standard RH in beech. Order a left hand CS stock for it and sell the beech stock on the bay. It will be more expensive, by about £170.00, for sure but you will have a Prosport in your life and it will be left handed.

A.G
    With a right handed action.
    Master Debater

Spoke to Air Arms yesterday and was told nothing in the pipeline regarding a TX200 MK4.

Wish they would make one with MK2 spec!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Surprised when this thread popped up again !
    I've not had chance to attend any shows and touch base with Air Arms since the Shooting Show but I'll probably have a chat with them again sometime in the future.
    1. When's the Mk. 4 TX due ?
    2. Ditto Lefty ProSport ?
    3. New break- barrel ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    With a right handed action.
    I shoot right handed and had to train myself to load my prosport (and TX) with my right hand. My natural instinct is cock and hold lever with my right hand so maybe a right handed action would be ok for a leftie...

Cool TX mk IV ???

Hi,
    Owning a piston tuned TX200hc (21mm Tony Leach) and being over the moon with it, if a 4th incarnation were to be made would AA adopt the lightened piston offerings by Tony Leach, Nick Gibney or Paul Short? Each evolution to date has been subtle, bear safety, homogeneous compression chamber across models <12 fpe & FAC.
    Cheers