Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TX200 Mk. 4 ?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hee hee hee!!

On a slightly more serious note, if not a break barrel, it'd be lovely if they did a sidelever. TX-stylee with sliding comp tune etc. I guess many parts could be shared, helping keep development costs lower. And with a nod to some of those beautiful early side-swingers like the Khamsin and Camargue.
    It would be interesting to see what would have happened if they had converted the tap loaders to sliding breech (instead of starting from scratch and designing something new), I wonder if Air Arms would still be as popular as they are today.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Last year at the show I was told the MK4 would be in the pipeline as soon as the Galahad was fully sorted. I asked again this year, was told no thoughts on a MK4, I told them IMO what a MK4 should be like, I got the impression the guy I spoke to had had this conversation many times before....keep wearing them down, it may appear, eventually.

Also noted some glaring history mistakes on the pics on their stand....and why would you put a Camargue on display with the beautiful tyrolean cheek piece facing the wall...
    6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy...!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Long View Post
    Last year at the show I was told the MK4 would be in the pipeline as soon as the Galahad was fully sorted. I asked again this year, was told no thoughts on a MK4, I told them IMO what a MK4 should be like, I got the impression the guy I spoke to had had this conversation many times before....keep wearing them down, it may appear, eventually.

Also noted some glaring history mistakes on the pics on their stand....and why would you put a Camargue on display with the beautiful tyrolean cheek piece facing the wall...
    At least you got the same story as me in respect of a Mk. 4 !
    “An airgun or two”………

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    LOL Whats wrong with the mk3, I agree with AA I think that they have got the TX about right and to tinker with a winning set up would be unwise, in its class it's the probably the best

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    A great air rifle, I have three.
    But I asked the question as there was as I said earlier, a rumour of a "Mk. 4" !
    The AA staff on the stand were great though and very accomodating !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Sorry to correct you but the PE does not have a rotating piston
    Don't know for sure but I doubt it could of had a central transfer port either, the bore of the barrel would go through the hinge bolt wouldn't it?
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Don't know for sure but I doubt it could of had a central transfer port either, the bore of the barrel would go through the hinge bolt wouldn't it?
    Yes looking at it I suppose so. Ken Turners early stainless steel prototype's did adopt a central transfer port. I'd like to know why the breech block wasn't re jigged to allow this. The PE I mean. Interesting?
    Last edited by derekj; 13-02-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I agree unless it has a angled TP and I doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    John, you should of asked about a bloody break barrel
    The elephant in the air arms room!

Keep emailing them chaps! If you don't ask you don't get.

I agree unless it has a angled TP and I doubt that.
    No I wouldn't think so. I'm confused why they had that tight spot in the PE comp tube too?? I'm sure the rifle was sold originally as having a free rotating piston though as the sear set up would've been from the TX naturally.
    Anyway's sorry to the OP for derailing.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

The PE...

Straight (not angled) non central TP (for obvious reasons, as stated)
    Non rotating piston as it has a cocking shoe, which slides in a slot in the piston
    Also, I note the latch machined in the end of the piston rod is a lot stronger than a TX style "mushroom" rod, possibly to better handle the higher load
    PE doesn't have a comp tube, or a tight spot in the cylinder
    Trigger is the same as a TX, so a TX piston rod does work

Great guns, just not very sensible.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

LOL Whats wrong with the mk3, I agree with AA I think that they have got the TX about right and to tinker with a winning set up would be unwise, in its class it's the probably the best
    It is, however the MK1 (and 2, to some extent) were better.
    6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy...!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    True and the fishscale checkering lets the stock down, why it can't have the skipline checkering like the Prosport, I don't know.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Do they have 500 orders for the pink s400 with bits of magnolia vinyl stuck to it?

Maybe they do, but you can see that they want to be cautious and not offer anything too off the wall, such as a left hand option on a bit of wood - the re design must have been prohibitive....

The last AA gun I bought was a EV2 mk4. Which was totally underwhelming, however the Tx200 platform seems popular and the s400 platform still endures, with a choice of 7 different stocks in different shades, with different weights.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

If there was a world survey I recon the mk3 would be Considered as better than the mk1/2 the fishscale thing is just personally taste a lot of tx owners like it and it is only sensible to have a abt