Thread: Original 66 Valuation

Original 66 Valuation

Hi all. Looking for some advice on valuing an Original 66 to sell.

It has been re-sealed and timed (with 2 new gears as well). and shoots very nicely. 550 fps with 8.3 grain Bisley Practice and very accurate as it should be.
    The stock has been shortened at some point in it's life, so has 2 vertical cut lines in it.
    The caps for the gears are a bit scuffed.
    Has the original diopter sights.

I'm not looking for top money for it as it will never be 'mint' and it still gets used once a week for bell target. Just looking for a fair price (to put towards a new S200 match).

I got told my a chap at bell target that it would go for about £400. Is this about right or too high?

Thanks

More like £150-175, given the described condition, especially the stock modification.

I would think £200 is more likely. Not as popular as the FWB 300 and the last one of those I saw for sale on here struggled to sell.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Thanks for the feedback. Half tempted to keep it now...

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Half tempted to keep it now...
    They are lovely things, especially if you have had the seals done properly (mine is still in the pending tray).

I paid £175 for my (1975 IIRC) Model 66, which was advertised for sale on this BBS.

Sold in perfect working order, complete with sights and barrel sleeve, and a heavy 'flight case' type box.

Cosmetically challenged though, bluing worn on the shroud, and moderately dotted with pitting on top of the cylinder, which is a shame.

I agree with prices as said above - You can get well used but not abused FWB 300 for £300 or a bit less, Diana '75 traditionally for a bit less than the FWB, so I think that limits a well used '66 to the £200 mark.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    They are lovely things, especially if you have had the seals done properly (mine is still in the pending tray).
    Agreed. We like shooting it but my other half struggles with the weight so we are getting an AA S200 match for her. And I already have a FWB300s.
    I did the seals.cogs/timing myself. Difficult the first time but ok once you have the hang of it. A pellet rested on the sights doesn't move at all when fired. Smoother than some PCP's I've shot!

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    If your wife struggles with the weight:-

A) Remove the barrel sleeve.

B) Buy her my book "Air rifle target Shooting".

With the correct technique the weight is an advantage, and even very petite women will shoot better than the average man, that's why they have a Ladies class, to protect the men!

And the 66 is a league ahead of the 200.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?