Thread: Are 6mm CO2 powered air pistols as ....

Are 6mm CO2 powered air pistols as ....

.... accurate as 177 steel bbs at ranges up to 10 yards?

What sort of velocity do they produce?

Would they knock down a Walther duck target at 10 yards.

I only use these types of guns for shooting at paper, and since the plastic bbs are less dangerous projectiles, I wondered if they might be a better bet for indoor shooting.

Please note that I am only asking about the CO2 powered airsoft pistols which give higher velocity, not the green gas ones.

Would appreciate your advice.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Hi,

I have a beretta 92 copy in CO2/green gas 6mm BB. Normally you can use either gas using differing magazines. Which my pistol came with. The CO2 mag is extended to take the gas capsule, so looks a bit odd.

On CO2 it is very potent, at 10m I would say that it would be accurate enough for you. It will happily shoot to 50+m, but with little accuracy. One drawback is that a diet of CO2 will kill the rubber hop-up sleeve in time, so it has to be removed otherwise it blocks the BB completely. I had to do this to mine, but curiously it's made little difference- except I can now use the pistol.

Great fun to shoot- target shooting will become secondary to destroying cans etc , very impressive blowback. I know, like me, you were a full bore pistol shooter so you will like that!

One point that has to be made though is that 6mm BB's ricochet like mad so it may not be a solution to your problem!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Thanks very much for sharing your knowledge Tony.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.