Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHEAP TARGET PISTOL 5-10mtr

CHEAP TARGET PISTOL 5-10mtr

hi im after for a bit of advice, im thinking about having a go at target shooting and was wondering what pistol people would recommend to start out for around £200. it will be mainly in my garden to begin with as im disabled and cant get about very well. im right handed but this is also pretty knackered and weak so break barrels arn't really an option thanks Mick

CP-1 CO2 pistol.

LOV-21 CO2 pistol.

Crosman 2240.

Of which the LOV is the better pure target pistol.

Basically a good CO2 pistol. If you have difficulty cocking a springer, you would also have difficulty with a single stroke or multi-pump pneumatic. PCPs (with all their accoutrements) are out of your budget.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your having trouble getting around and stuff, air guns are a great hobby so I hope you find what you want. I was wondering if you had a club near by as I'm sure you could try out some pistols and get a feel for what would work. Sometimes loading the co2 capsule can be tricky so maybe it would be a good idea to try this out too. There is a PCP pistol in your price range, the SMK pp700w but if you didn't know someone with an air bottle or pump to fill it, this may be a problem, again if you had a club near by this could be sorted there. Hope this helps, good luck with your quest.

At the lower end of the spectrum, check out the Browning Buckmark. Break barrel springer but apparently fairly accurate and easy to cock.

Air Force One

Hi, I use anow Airforce One in .177
    I use it indoor on our range and shoot out to 25 yards. It's surprisingly good for a CO2 pistol. I have done a trigger mod onot it with has improved the feel no end.

You can pick them up for around £100 used.

Sechand Tau 7
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    At the lower end of the spectrum, check out the Browning Buckmark. Break barrel springer but apparently fairly accurate and easy to cock.
    I got my kids to test out all of the break barrels in Protek, and the Buckmark was by far the easiest to cock and load.

So we bought two CP1s!

Co2 pistols are a bit noisy for garden use.

But the Crosman 2240 can be silenced.
    Not really a target pistol but cheap,easily fixed and modified.
    GMac good source of bits and help.

CP1 is good and cheap.
    Someone might make silencer adapter for them?

As it happens, Protek do a 'dispatch kit' that includes a holo sight and silencer in a proper plastic case - does double the cost though. Pretty sure they would just do the silencer, and there are loads of 1/2" UNF slip-on adapters on the 'bay.

I have a HW moderator fitted to a DSG adapter on my 'carbine'.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Co2 pistols are a bit noisy for garden use.

But the Crosman 2240 can be silenced.
    Not really a target pistol but cheap,easily fixed and modified.
    GMac good source of bits and help.

CP1 is good and cheap.
    Someone might make silencer adapter for them?

thanks everyone. i tried a crosman 2300t and was pretty impressed. they are getting a 2300s in tomorrow so will be trying that too. i also had a go with a zoraki hp01 which was brilliant. i could manage to pump it twice quite easily with my left hand but didnt try for three it didnt need it and at £199 with hard case, barrel bush and oil its a bargain thanks mick

I had a Buckmark, very easy to cock, but the trigger is very heavy with no first stage - just keep increasing the pressure on it until it fires!
    The Baikal MP53 I bought recently is not too bad to cock as the barrel is a good length, it isn't a match trigger, but far better than the Buckmark. I have only tried it over a short distance, but its seems very accurate, with not too much kick for a springer. It is ambidextrous too, which may be a concern for you.
    Never tried the LOV, but heard lots of good reports about it.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Horgi View Post
    Hi, I use anow Airforce One in .177
    I use it indoor on our range and shoot out to 25 yards. It's surprisingly good for a CO2 pistol. I have done a trigger mod onot it with has improved the feel no end.

You can pick them up for around £100 used.
    Just curious but isn't the Airforce one the same pistol as the SMK CP1 , if so why buy at £100 second hand when you can get the SMK and various other versions at around £80 new, I just bought the SMK version in .25 havn't had much chance to use it yet and will look into the trigger mod (plenty of info available on the uk chinese airgun forum). looks promising though I doubt I'll be using it for any serious target shooting , I might be tempted to get another in .177 at the price they are. There are a few silencers made for them if you look around the net including one that retains the front sight but most if not all you will lose the ability to use the open sights, having said that after hearing mine I can't really see the need for one.
    Last edited by fulltimer; 13-02-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAZY View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your having trouble getting around and stuff, air guns are a great hobby so I hope you find what you want. I was wondering if you had a club near by as I'm sure you could try out some pistols and get a feel for what would work. Sometimes loading the co2 capsule can be tricky so maybe it would be a good idea to try this out too. There is a PCP pistol in your price range, the SMK pp700w but if you didn't know someone with an air bottle or pump to fill it, this may be a problem, again if you had a club near by this could be sorted there. Hope this helps, good luck with your quest.

^^^ This

Just buy a 3L air cylinder and the PP700 with a red dot site second hand - it may just creep over your budget, but for what you are looking for you will be a very happy bunny!

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    ^^^ This

Just buy a 3L air cylinder and the PP700 with a red dot site second hand - it may just creep over your budget, but for what you are looking for you will be a very happy bunny!

James
    thanks for your replies so far i have tried a crosman 2300t, which was pretty accurate and with a bit of messing i could get the trigger set to suit me better. very cheap build quality, i then tried a zoraki hp01 which was brilliant, very comfy to hold,and hit everything i pointed it at. made from high grade plastic but felt much better built than the crosman. easy to pump twice using my left hand with the gun against my thigh.

I owned a Buckmark, it was easy to cock but as suggested in a previous post not a very good trigger so I didn't find it that accurate. I chopped it in for a CP-1 which is a much better pistol.

The CP-1 can also be improved cheaply and easily to give it a nicer trigger and improve accuracy. Matt Brooks did a great review of the CP-1 in this month's Airgun World magazine.

I've modded my CP-1 with parts made by a guy called John Small who produces some lovely brass parts including a replacement muzzle featuring a sight post and silencer thread. I'll happily pass his contact details on if you want to PM me.

Jason