Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CHEAP TARGET PISTOL 5-10mtr

Garden target shooting

I'd say a Crosman 1377, but it could be an issue for you to pump it.
    I have a Crosman 2240 (.22) C02 7 inch barrel and it's NOISY ! maybe too noisy for the garden, unsuppressed.
    I have a Crosman 2300T which is a .177 10 inch barrel C02 which is quiet(er) and very accurate, should be able to get one on your budget.
    I tried someones Beeman pistol at my gun club and it was very quiet, recoilless and was cocked (compressed) with a single pump, about £70 too !
    Whilst I haven't tried one, I'd say the Benjamin Trail NP (nitro piston) may also be worth considering.

Hope that helps !

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Co2 pistols are a bit noisy for garden use.

But the Crosman 2240 can be silenced.
    Not really a target pistol but cheap,easily fixed and modified.
    GMac good source of bits and help.

CP1 is good and cheap.
    Someone might make silencer adapter for them?
    If you lose the front sight a 10mm adapter will allow you to fit any unf silencer. Only any good if you fit a scope or a dot. If you want to retain irons then porkyyorky does a silencer with post. This for the CP1

cheap target pistol

[QUOTE=Geezer;7194032]At the lower end of the spectrum, check out the Browning Buckmark. Break barrel springer but apparntly fairly accurate and easy to cock.[/QUOTE. ]

I had a Browning Buckmark URX I. I really liked the design, the compactness and the sort of easyness of such a small gun accutate too. power, just about right. But on the negative side it was about worn out, completly knackered! after about 2000 shots. So much so that the barrel had 4mm of side. play, and about 15mm when open. The monkey metal around the breech just wore out despite lubrication. They are pretty such disposable when broken. But they only about £65. May I recommend something like a GAMO Compact. More target orientated, LorR hand and good all round plinking and semi serious target pistol. For about £189. JOHN.
    Last edited by Joncaddy; 24-02-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

[QUOTE=Joncaddy;7203468]
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    At the lower end of the spectrum, check out the Browning Buckmark. Break barrel springer but apparntly fairly accurate and easy to cock.[/QUOTE. ]

I had a Browning Buckmark URX I. I really liked the design, the compactness and the sort of easyness of such a small gun accutate too. power, just about right. But on the negative side it was about worn out, completly knackered! after about 2000 shots. So much so that the barrel had 4mm of side. play, and about 15mm when open. The monkey metal around the breech just wore out despite lubrication. They are pretty such disposable when broken. But they only about £65. May I recommend something like a GAMO Compact. More target orientated, LorR hand and good all round plinking and semi serious target pistol. For about £189. JOHN.
    Totally agree on the Gamo Compact, it's a great pistol I own one and a CP-1. The Gamo is more consistent at 10mtr target work. It used to wear me out cocking the Gamo but now I rest the butt on the bench (pointing downrange!) to to aid the cocking action. I bought the CP-1 to replace the Gamo but now I've switched back my results are improving.
    I swear it was like that when I came in!
    Gamo Compact, SMK CP-1, Crosman Vigilante, Baikal MP60.
    Airsoft Sig552, Sig SP2022

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mick broady View Post
    thanks everyone. i tried a crosman 2300t and was pretty impressed. they are getting a 2300s in tomorrow so will be trying that too. i also had a go with a zoraki hp01 which was brilliant. i could manage to pump it twice quite easily with my left hand but didnt try for three it didnt need it and at £199 with hard case, barrel bush and oil its a bargain thanks mick
    That's a damn good deal on that zoraki hp-01 (formerly Webley Alecto) I'm on my second since my .22 stopped ejecting air. Very happy my new to me mark 3 .177 Webley Alecto so far though.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Quote Originally Posted by mick broady View Post
    hi im after for a bit of advice, im thinking about having a go at target shooting and was wondering what pistol people would recommend to start out for around £200. it will be mainly in my garden to begin with as im disabled and cant get about very well. im right handed but this is also pretty knackered and weak so break barrels arn't really an option thanks Mick
    Mick,dont know if you have made a purchase yet or not?bearing in mind your disabillity then the best bet must be a decent Co2 pistol?have you looked at the LUV?there have been some very good comments on here about this little target pistol,it is a .177, should solve any handling problems you may have,at about £90 a bargain.
    Don.