Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kempton park militaria and air gun fair

Kempton park militaria and air gun fair

Due to the sad decline of Arms Fairs at Bisley, I am pleased to announce for your 2017 diary, the first Militaria and Air Gun Fair to be held on any London Racecourse.

This will take place on SUNDAY 25TH JUNE 2017, gates opening at 9.30am, entrance fee £4.

Militaria, Registered Fire Arms Dealers and Private Collectors will be able to hire trade tables all under one roof.

Kempton Park was the chosen location due to its prime position just off M3/M25, providing ample free car parking, designated railway station, ATM machines and on-site catering.

Although the venue could never match the unique atmosphere of Bisley Camp, it will at least offer an alternative to us, the enthusiastic collector. It will be a great opportunity for those amongst us wishing to part with air guns from our 'private collection' without extortionate auction fees.

Some of the well known regular Air Gun Traders have already signed up and should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Well done Pete.
    I have told our three local RFDs and no doubt the usual suspects from our area will attend.
    Good choice of date and venue.

Just been asked about the type of guns allowed to be sold by RFD and Private sellers. Basically any sub 12 ft/lb air rifle (6ft/lb pistol) are fine. No section 1 or 2 firearms, but obsolete ammo or certificated de-act guns are fine, same as at many other fairs.

Bayonets and alike will be amongst the Militaria stands too

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Nice, 15 mins from me...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Nice, 15 mins from me...
    I had a car like that once

Bit further than Bisley for me and so close to Sister in Law that Mrs Gingernut might demand a lift.
    Any tips on hiding recently purchased airguns in a modest size vehicle?

Personally I think the lack of section 1 firearms is a big problem for the fair and would prevent me driving nearly 300 miles to go there.
    Maybe a second event at Wetherby racecourse would be worth consideration?
    BTW I used to take a table at the Bisley shows selling cast boolits but gave up die to the costs involved - I know Pukka Bundhooks also quit the shows for the same reason.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

Bit further than Bisley for me and so close to Sister in Law that Mrs Gingernut might demand a lift.
    Wedge long strips of silver/grey plumbers pipe insulating foam across the inside of all your car's doorways. Then once you've done your 'shopping' at Binner's Bash, wrap your contraband in the sponge foam tubes and replace in all the car's door ways, and tell your good lady as you set off from home that the tubes (empty at this point unless you are carrying 'trades' to sell/swap) are roll-bars for extra safety for when driving among all them heathen nutters on the M25 darrrrn sarrrrf, like. Simples.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hello Pete,

Not sure if there will be an Arms Fair associated with the Phoenix in May or Imperial meeting at Bisley in July, but either way this will fit nicely in between.

Hope to see you there if not before.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Personally I think the lack of section 1 firearms is a big problem for the fair and would prevent me driving nearly 300 miles to go there.
    Maybe a second event at Wetherby racecourse would be worth consideration?
    BTW I used to take a table at the Bisley shows selling cast boolits but gave up die to the costs involved - I know Pukka Bundhooks also quit the shows for the same reason.

Have you ever thought about moving South and selling pellets

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    just don't watch 'Day of the Jackal' (Edward Fox version) beforehand or she'll have you in Qwik Fit for a new exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello Pete,

Not sure if there will be an Arms Fair associated with the Phoenix in May or Imperial meeting at Bisley in July, but either way this will fit nicely in between.

Hope to see you there if not before.

Brian

Nobody seems to know when or if there will be any fairs at Bisley for certain, which is a real shame, nowhere has the same feel or atmosphere. It's a bit like the old Wembley Stadium.

If the KP event is supported, there could be 4 per year. I am doing all I can to get this up and running, not easy, not cheap, but £4 entry shouldn't break the bank.

So far about 10 tables are booked, 6 miltaria, 2 A/G RFDs and 2 Private collectors with a varied assortment of vintage and sub 12ft/lb rifles.

Fair

Well done Pete, I'm sure it will be a great day.

Rgds kev

....Wonder if "Bruce" and "Hus" will be there?!!...Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Wedge long strips of silver/grey plumbers pipe insulating foam across the inside of all your car's doorways. Then once you've done your 'shopping' at Binner's Bash, wrap your contraband in the sponge foam tubes and replace in all the car's door ways, and tell your good lady as you set off from home that the tubes (empty at this point unless you are carrying 'trades' to sell/swap) are roll-bars for extra safety for when driving among all them heathen nutters on the M25 darrrrn sarrrrf, like. Simples.
    She's suspicious Gareth not stupid