Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Kempton park militaria and air gun fair

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I'm beginning to realise that I didn't see many stalls as I was selling.

By the time things slowed down I was hungry and tired.

By the time I had recovered people were packing up and I noticed the chap on the table next to me had some really nice guns so I bought one.

I will plan better next time.
    I was hoping that you would buy some more 😁
    It was a great day 👍
    ATB
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Below is a link to some pictures from the site of one of the excellent exhibitors attending the Kempton Park Fair, just to give an idea of what you missed if you weren't there.

http://www.timdysonairguns.co.uk/kem...a-airgun-fair/

I'm sure we all hope that we get another chance to attend something like this again in the not too distant future.

Regards

Brian
    Thanks for the link Brian.

It looks like it was an amazing show. Massive credit to you, Binners, for all your hard work.

Tim, you've really accumulated some impressive stock there. A lot of it doesn't seem to be on your website, although I imagine the effort of photographing/posting it etc has become a right pain with so many guns for sale?

(Use PM if you want to reply, as I know you are very careful to keep your BBS collectables activities completely separate from your business activities).

You have become a modern John Galloway!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Had a nice Air Arms Pro target pistol in box with accessories almost half price. A rather strange character came to look at it and said "I never buy from these table sales as it could be a duff article". I thought what better way to buy, where you can fully examine the item, see the seller face to face, get address and telephone number. What about all the sales done on the internet where you pay without even seeing the item ?

Baz
    Why did he go to an event entirely designed for table sales Best place to buy, your buying from enthusiasts who have a genuine interest in the product not just the money, shot the BSA last night properly, I was amazed at how accurate it is, I've now passed the stock to someone who is far superior than me with wood cos I think it's worth the extra in getting it sorted correctly, definately a keeper, was gonna hide it from the wife, she spotted it, liked it & suggested it would look really nice mounted on the wall when I'm not using it, I did hide the LP53 though
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

You bought those two from me Nige not Baz.
    I am the younger better looking one!

Quote Originally Posted by JB101 View Post
    I was hoping that you would buy some more 😁
    It was a great day 👍
    ATB
    James
    Next time James!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    You bought those two from me Nige not Baz.
    I am the younger better looking one!
    OK, now i'm confused, my apologies, too many names in one day , anyway, thanks for a great rifle and pistol, whoever purchased that LP3 also got a lovely pistol, part of me regret's not buying it, my bank balance is however grateful that someone else did!!
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thanks for the link Brian.

It looks like it was an amazing show. Massive credit to you, Binners, for all your hard work.

Tim, you've really accumulated some impressive stock there. A lot of it doesn't seem to be on your website, although I imagine the effort of photographing/posting it etc has become a right pain with so many guns for sale?

(Use PM if you want to reply, as I know you are very careful to keep your BBS collectables activities completely separate from your business activities).

You have become a modern John Galloway!
    Thanks Danny pm sent

Congratulations to you all. It sounds like the fair was extremely successful.

Back home ‘I’nt North’ after a few days of working down south in which I managed to incorporate a visit to Kempton.

Just wanted to echo everything that has already been said here – Excellent show for air gunners, fantastic array of stuff – Indeed, I saw guns in the flesh that I have only ever seen in books/online. Picked up a nice pistol and some ‘Ely Wasps’ as well!

Well done Binners (I’m afraid I couldn’t identify you on the day to say Hello) – I hope there is a repeat performance; I can’t promise I would make it; but I would certainly try!

Cheers

Olly

Seems like yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Due to the sad decline of Arms Fairs at Bisley, I am pleased to announce for your 2017 diary, the first Militaria and Air Gun Fair to be held on any London Racecourse.

This will take place on SUNDAY 25TH JUNE 2017, gates opening at 9.30am, entrance fee £4.

Militaria, Registered Fire Arms Dealers and Private Collectors will be able to hire trade tables all under one roof.

Kempton Park was the chosen location due to its prime position just off M3/M25, providing ample free car parking, designated railway station, ATM machines and on-site catering.

Although the venue could never match the unique atmosphere of Bisley Camp, it will at least offer an alternative to us, the enthusiastic collector. It will be a great opportunity for those amongst us wishing to part with air guns from our 'private collection' without extortionate auction fees.

Some of the well known regular Air Gun Traders have already signed up and should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks to so many of you, it carries on.....

Only June 2017.
    Seems to have been going for ages!