Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Kempton park militaria and air gun fair

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Bl**dy Binners and his fair. I didn't get any sleep last night/this morning, never mind the night before the fair - such is my anticipation.

It will also be good to meet up with members on here and have a proper natter about old airguns - nothing better!

John
    Jon,

Apologies for not coming to say hello today. I saw you several times across all the thousands of airguns, but each time you were deep in conversation with someone, so I thought " maybe later", but ultimately we missed each other. Hope you had a great fair!

ATB

Lakey

Thumbs up

Cheers Pete

As John and Mel said, Fantastic event with great peeps, I enjoyed every minute of it and brought a Webely mk1 home that just needed a breech seal, Luckily I had one! And a Gamo PR45 that had a perished piston O ring, Both are working fabulously now!!

PS, The mk1 was £60 and the Gamo was £10!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Cheers Pete

As John and Mel said, Fantastic event with great peeps, I enjoyed every minute of it and brought a Webely mk1 home that just needed a breech seal, Luckily I had one! And a Gamo PR45 that had a perished piston O ring, Both are working fabulously now!!

PS, The mk1 was £60 and the Gamo was £10!!

John
    Yep, John is quite right. Binners, and Mrs Binners did a wonderful job, and delivered a fab fair. I have seriously never seen that many airguns in one place before. Good to meet the people I did, and to talk to so many like minded people. Hopefully if Peter hasn't had a major breakdown tonight, it can become a yearly event ? Wonderful stuff, and great to put faces to so many names.

Lakey

Well I enjoyed my day!
    Was able to learn a bit and also answer some questions about my own guns which was of the most value.
    Got to meet Chris Thrale who's Webley air rifles book I thumb to death and John Milewski who's Air gun World articles are a monthly treat, a thoroughly nice chap too.
    Also was able to meet and congratulate Binners on his making it happen.
    Hope all enjoyed it as much as I did and that there are many more.
    More to the point I hope the traders liked it and did well because without them turning up there'd be no fair at all.

Steve
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Jon,

Apologies for not coming to say hello today. I saw you several times across all the thousands of airguns, but each time you were deep in conversation with someone, so I thought " maybe later", but ultimately we missed each other. Hope you had a great fair!

ATB

Lakey
    Now that was my loss Lakey - I'm very sorry to have missed you. I could have showed you the original BSA booklet I picked up alongside the Improved Model Britannia one!

I have been regularly attending arms fairs for the last 3 decades and today's treat was the best I have ever been to in terms of the sheer volume of vintage airguns and the choice of items on offer. We were all literally spoilt for choice. It was also a pleasure to meet up with so many collectors and chat about airguns for some 6 hours.

Binners, you know this now has to become a regular event, don't you?

My sincere thanks and appreciation to you and Liz for your incredibly hard work in organising this event. The Bisley Classic had nothing on 'Airgun Day'

John

Kempton Park Air Rifle Fair

I had a great day at Kempton Park, I met some very nice air gunners and Bought 2 Air Rifles and gained plenty of knowledge, I would like to say thank you to the people who organised the fair and those who had stalls as I have never been to an air rifle fair before, I look forward to the future air gun Fairs thanks

This was my first fair as well, what an amazing event! Excellent job Peter & Liz! Met a bunch of great people and have never seen so many Of my all time fav. Airguns in one place! Well worth the trip from the Netherlands. Cheers, Zuke

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    This was my first fair as well, what an amazing event! Excellent job Peter & Liz! Met a bunch of great people and have never seen so many Of my all time fav. Airguns in one place! Well worth the trip from the Netherlands. Cheers, Zuke
    Hi Zuke

Was nice meeting you there mate, for some reason ,..I thought you was in another country!!

Oops, I didn't notice that you came across just for the fayre!!

Regards, John

Question

Does anyone know if the tall chap that had modified Crosman Ratties has a website??

There was a couple of 2250's that he'd modified, The one with wooden/Aluminium stocks was a beauty!!

It looked rather like this Browning Buck mark

Cheers, John

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Does anyone know if the tall chap that had modified Crosman Ratties has a website??

There was a couple of 2250's that he'd modified, The one with wooden/Aluminium stocks was a beauty!!

It looked rather like this Browning Buck mark

Cheers, John
    Unfortunately not JB

He works from home now and I have his contact details should you need them, his name is Paul O'Donnel, or POD to his friends. Paul is a very talented Engineer and in the same league as Lawrie.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Unfortunately not JB

He works from home now and I have his contact details should you need them, his name is Paul O'Donnel, or POD to his friends. Paul is a very talented Engineer and in the same league as Lawrie.
    Thanks Pete, His work was exemplary!! Those 2240 pistols were fabulous too!!

I may get in touch with you at a later date for his contact details if I decide to get my one and only Ratty POD'd

Thanks, John

I'm beginning to realise that I didn't see many stalls as I was selling.

By the time things slowed down I was hungry and tired.

By the time I had recovered people were packing up and I noticed the chap on the table next to me had some really nice guns so I bought one.

I will plan better next time.

Had a nice Air Arms Pro target pistol in box with accessories almost half price. A rather strange character came to look at it and said "I never buy from these table sales as it could be a duff article". I thought what better way to buy, where you can fully examine the item, see the seller face to face, get address and telephone number. What about all the sales done on the internet where you pay without even seeing the item ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I might have that Baz.
    I think I can trust the seller.

Below is a link to some pictures from the site of one of the excellent exhibitors attending the Kempton Park Fair, just to give an idea of what you missed if you weren't there.

http://www.timdysonairguns.co.uk/kem...a-airgun-fair/

I'm sure we all hope that we get another chance to attend something like this again in the not too distant future.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 27-06-2017 at 12:38 PM.