Thread: Lincoln Jefferies - spares availability

Lincoln Jefferies - spares availability

Can anyone advise how easy it is to get replacement springs and seals for pre WW1 Lincoln Jefferies rifles and are they easy to replace if required?

thanks

Ed

edbear2 Guest
    Hi, Yes both items are available at three places at least, John Knibbs, T.W.Chambers, and Protek supplies. However all these will be modern pattern parts and the performance seems to vary.

Personally, I have used a combination of a Knibbs washer with a Chambers spring in the past which worked well, as I found the Knibbs springs too long. This situation may have changed, Also I have heard good things about Protek and have had good service myself on other items but have not used them for these parts in question.

To change a spring and seal takes under 10 mins in terms of actual "spanner work"....However you can spend as long as you like fettling and cleaning inside / doing a general clean. When I do a spring and seal I will have the whole thing apart and do a deep clean and barrel clean etc.

Tons of helpful info here;

http://www.network54.com/Forum/67044...ever+Air+Rifle

And elsewhere in the same sub section of the website in the link.

ATB, (another) Ed
    Last edited by edbear2; 13-02-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks Ed, all I wanted to know! I can see a new member of the family arriving