Thread: BSA 240 Magnum - 20-ish years late to the party but...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    Does anyone have or seen in the flesh one of the colour anodised ones ?
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

I had one some years ago in the end I sold it as I was having problems with my wrist and found it to hard to cock it I thought it was a nice thing but I do not like is having the whole grip made of wood it just seems to me that the grip is almost an afterthought.

I like the way webley crosman and lots of others did it with the gun and grip being one peice with wooden or plastic strips added to the side as they do on cartridge guns.

I also do not like big thick grips like you tend to find on most target air pistols but that is just me.
    Last edited by beagle2; 21-02-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah, had one a couple of decades ago - it was nice looking, but crap to shoot.

I do however still have my scoprion, whcih was far less pretty, but fare more accurate, powerful, and just better...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

A marmite gun. Some seem to have had great experiences. Others (the majority?) indifferent or poor ones.

Anyway, I have a Scorpion, which is awesome, so feel no great need for a 240. Especially as a decent Scorp costs about half to 2/3 what 240s go for.

I think it's one of those guns that attracts collectors more than shooters.

Hello

I just got a mk2 240 Magnum in .177. It was a gun that obviously divides opinion so I thought I'd give it a go.

I have to say, I think it's great . Admittedly I'm a garage plinker, but mine is accurate, appears well made & certainly appears to be powerful. I really like this gun. Even the grip seems to work ok for me & the trigger is excellent. I just find it a lot of fun to shoot.

Just to show how we are all different, I have a Scorpion (in .22) & I far prefer the Magnum

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ETCHY View Post
    Hello

I just got a mk2 240 Magnum in .177. It was a gun that obviously divides opinion so I thought I'd give it a go.

I have to say, I think it's great . Admittedly I'm a garage plinker, but mine is accurate, appears well made & certainly appears to be powerful. I really like this gun. Even the grip seems to work ok for me & the trigger is excellent. I just find it a lot of fun to shoot.

Just to show how we are all different, I have a Scorpion (in .22) & I far prefer the Magnum

Dave
    Just give it time.....it will all go tilt along with your viewpoint....the breech design has t fail at some point as will the guide rod.
    The Scorpion will always be there albeit twice the size .
    After a while, switching to a Tempest or HW45 will seem a joy.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Just give it time.....it will all go tilt along with your viewpoint....the breech design has t fail at some point as will the guide rod.
    The Scorpion will always be there albeit twice the size .
    After a while, switching to a Tempest or HW45 will seem a joy.
    Well we'll just have to see For now I've got a compact, powerful pistol in the 240 that I enjoy shooting. I have a .177 Tempest (really nice gun, it's fun & I like it a lot) but I prefer the Magnum. The Scorpion is ok but I just don't find it fun, it's undeniably powerful & well made, it just doesn't "float my boat".

Cheers

Dave