Thread: Webley Junior Dating and valuation help please

Webley Junior Dating and valuation help please

Hi can anyone help me I have a Webley Junior pistol which I'd like to know the value and date of. It is stamped underneath the left grip with the number 1188. Its in pretty good condition for age and is boxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie54 View Post
    Hi can anyone help me I have a Webley Junior pistol which I'd like to know the value and date of. It is stamped underneath the left grip with the number 1188. Its in pretty good condition for age and is boxed.
    Hello,

As always, we will need a bit more information and ideally some pictures to establish the exact variant of the Junior you have and to get an idea of it's cosmetic condition etc.

Boxed examples always attract an additional premium especially if in good condition and accompanied by accessories. As a rough guide, Webley air pistols made before 1958 included the B4 post code in the Webley address stamped on the side of the pistol frame. The final iteration of the Junior (Mk2) appeared in the mid-seventies and was manufactured from alloy rather than steel.

Regards

Brian

Hello,

Webley discontinued the use of Ser Nos after the war and replaced these with Batch Nos which don't help with accurate dating. As stated in the earlier reply, a B4 post code after the address stamped on the side of the frame denotes pre 1958 which is about as close as you will get.

Nice to see the plumb colour created when the finish applied to the two materials age slightly differently.

Unboxed pistols in the condition yours appears to be in normally sell for £50- £60, but if the box was in good condition you could add anther £30-£40 to this price. Boxes in poor condition would still attract a small premium, so you should include details if you decide to put the pistol up for sale.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Brian