Thread: HRPC Club Shoot Sunday 12th Feb

Smile HRPC Club Shoot Sunday 12th Feb

Sorry for the late Post but with family around yesterday was out.
    Not the nicest weather, especially with the early start but still an interesting mornings shooting. For some strange reason it was a very tricky shoot and I honestly can’t understand why. I made a cracking start up until Peter said I was looking at a good score then it all went downhill. Our tame lefty was discussing all of the targets as usual with reference to the disadvantaged (none at all) and Simon put in a great round seeing as work prevents him coming as often these days. Any way it really was a shoot of two halfs with half the club hitting golds (within 3 points of the highest score) and no other medal places. Congratulations to Dave Powel for setting the benchmark with a new PB.
    On to the scores

David Powell 56
    Simon Humphries 55
    Terry Evans 54
    Steve West 53
    Hayley Linbourne 45
    Jason Linbourne 43
    Pete Fenn 43
    Mick Rolf 40
    Andy Hey 39

When I last posted the scores I dropped a hint that we were thinking of something to add an edge to it. Something we have realised is that since we moved the course to its present location nobody’s managed to clear it probably because its different every time so nobody gets use to it). Every target has been killed at all of our shoots but to date nobody has managed the perfect round.
    We’re thinking of adding Sixty Point Challenge to run alongside our HFT shoot. It will be open to ALL safe shooters of UK legal (sub 12 ft/lbs) Air Rifles. Its optional so you could just turn up and shoot but if you want to take part it will cost you an extra £1. All the extra £1 will go into a winnings pot and the first person to clear the course will win the pot and the bragging rights to say they did it. We’ll tidy up the rules and I’ll post them before our next shoot. Watch this space.
    Always make the best of things, it can only get worse if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gisaname View Post
    Sorry for the late Post but with family around yesterday was out.
    Not the nicest weather, especially with the early start but still an interesting mornings shooting. For some strange reason it was a very tricky shoot and I honestly can’t understand why. I made a cracking start up until Peter said I was looking at a good score then it all went downhill. Our tame lefty was discussing all of the targets as usual with reference to the disadvantaged (none at all) and Simon put in a great round seeing as work prevents him coming as often these days. Any way it really was a shoot of two halfs with half the club hitting golds (within 3 points of the highest score) and no other medal places. Congratulations to Dave Powel for setting the benchmark with a new PB.
    On to the scores

David Powell 56
    Simon Humphries 55
    Terry Evans 54
    Steve West 53
    Hayley Linbourne 45
    Jason Linbourne 43
    Pete Fenn 43
    Mick Rolf 40
    Andy Hey 39

When I last posted the scores I dropped a hint that we were thinking of something to add an edge to it. Something we have realised is that since we moved the course to its present location nobody’s managed to clear it probably because its different every time so nobody gets use to it). Every target has been killed at all of our shoots but to date nobody has managed the perfect round.
    We’re thinking of adding Sixty Point Challenge to run alongside our HFT shoot. It will be open to ALL safe shooters of UK legal (sub 12 ft/lbs) Air Rifles. Its optional so you could just turn up and shoot but if you want to take part it will cost you an extra £1. All the extra £1 will go into a winnings pot and the first person to clear the course will win the pot and the bragging rights to say they did it. We’ll tidy up the rules and I’ll post them before our next shoot. Watch this space.
    Brilliant idea Terry. I'm in. Great shoot as ever. You forgot to mention the wonderful excuses from Dunkin Donut - like branches growing between shots! Priceless!