Thread: Crosman 1377/1322 pump up pistol advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

Trigger is average but not bad. Can be improved by shimming the bearing surfaces, and gently polishing the contact surfaces.
    I can heartily recommend the GMAC Mk11A trigger kit, simple / quick to fit but makes a HUGE difference. Best £30 I've spent in a while

Just bought and resealed an old 1300 Crosman pistol, pure nostalgia as I had one as a kid.

Works fine now, very accurate at 10m, trigger pull does get stiffer as you pump it more, will polish and lube the trigger up on next phase of fiddling and report back on here.

Did a comprehensive over pumping power test over my chrony if anyone is interested in results as I was concerned that this might go over UK limits. It doesn't as the power increase per pump tails off after many pumps and it remains about 5.5 fpe.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The 1300 is harder to shoot well, and doesn't tolerate lapses in technique, but the accuracy is there if you're consistent and careful.
    This card was shot with 8 pumps per shot at 10m.
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psbsodb2sx.jpg
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Nice shooting Harry!

With 8 pumps the one I had would have a trigger weight of around 15Kg.

I've got three 1377s and all are the older model.

The only thing I'd say is that the older ones do not have bolts - you slide back the breech cover, insert a pellet and then prime it by pulling the knob (ooer missus) on the end. This is no big deal but is a bit fiddly compared to the bolt and it is easy to get the pellet in sideways if you are not careful.

I recently discovered my March 1978 'American Classic' 1377 when moving some boxes around under the house and set it aside to have a play. It isn't holding air and a quick disassemble showed the transfer port seal is knackered so I'm going to have a look around for some nylon tubing that I can cut to fit. I was amazed at the amount of information there is on the web on how the 1377 has been modified but most of it seems to relate to the later phase models. I'm going to enjoy looking into what mods I can do on my gun.

Smile

I have a 1322 that I bought some years ago, It's never worked whilst i've had it!! Firstly it would pump up and shoot low powered but the charge would leak away if not shot immediately, I then bought a cylinder form a 1377, That was as bad as the original so I gave up!!

I think it's a fairly old one, It's going on the bring and buy table for spares/repairs I reckon at Melbourne!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/