Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crosman 1377/1322 pump up pistol advice

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The 1300 is harder to shoot well, and doesn't tolerate lapses in technique, but the accuracy is there if you're consistent and careful.
    This card was shot with 8 pumps per shot at 10m.
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psbsodb2sx.jpg
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Nice shooting Harry!

With 8 pumps the one I had would have a trigger weight of around 15Kg.

I've got three 1377s and all are the older model.

The only thing I'd say is that the older ones do not have bolts - you slide back the breech cover, insert a pellet and then prime it by pulling the knob (ooer missus) on the end. This is no big deal but is a bit fiddly compared to the bolt and it is easy to get the pellet in sideways if you are not careful.

I recently discovered my March 1978 'American Classic' 1377 when moving some boxes around under the house and set it aside to have a play. It isn't holding air and a quick disassemble showed the transfer port seal is knackered so I'm going to have a look around for some nylon tubing that I can cut to fit. I was amazed at the amount of information there is on the web on how the 1377 has been modified but most of it seems to relate to the later phase models. I'm going to enjoy looking into what mods I can do on my gun.

Smile

I have a 1322 that I bought some years ago, It's never worked whilst i've had it!! Firstly it would pump up and shoot low powered but the charge would leak away if not shot immediately, I then bought a cylinder form a 1377, That was as bad as the original so I gave up!!

I think it's a fairly old one, It's going on the bring and buy table for spares/repairs I reckon at Melbourne!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I've now got 2 1300's (I can't resist 'em and they're usually cheap) The one I've had longest (1977/78) is now on its third seal set and it's been used that much that the trigger is not "all that" bad.
    Lawrie Armatruda gave it full strip down and reseal a couple of years ago and that gave it a new lease of life. The other one, I bought in an auction and the power was really low, for about 6 shots, and then it stopped working all together.
    The best way to bring them back to life is by replacing something called the "quad seal", which is burried deep inside the little brass "thingy" that fits on the end of the valve housing. This one had turned really hard and had to be dug out with a watchmaker's screwdriver. I replaced it with a small O ring, and the pistol works fine now.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    I've now got 2 1300's (I can't resist 'em and they're usually cheap) The one I've had longest (1977/78) is now on its third seal set and it's been used that much that the trigger is not "all that" bad.
    Lawrie Armatruda gave it full strip down and reseal a couple of years ago and that gave it a new lease of life. The other one, I bought in an auction and the power was really low, for about 6 shots, and then it stopped working all together.
    The best way to bring them back to life is by replacing something called the "quad seal", which is burried deep inside the little brass "thingy" that fits on the end of the valve housing. This one had turned really hard and had to be dug out with a watchmaker's screwdriver. I replaced it with a small O ring, and the pistol works fine now.
    Hi Harry

I had a 1300 years ago, Every time I pumped it, My thumb got nipped between the pump handle and the cylinder!!, I think it was due to the vary narrow pump handle as I never did it with the 1322's

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Harry

I had a 1300 years ago, Every time I pumped it, My thumb got nipped between the pump handle and the cylinder!!, I think it was due to the vary narrow pump handle as I never did it with the 1322's

John
    Da wants to put di thumbs on a diet!

Wooden Shoulder stock

Does anyone remember the original wooden shoulder stock for these pumpers pre plastic stock.
    It was a wonderful little stock ...ive always wondered why ever did they drop it ..

I bought one of the newer ones a few years ago, with the intention of modding it. Just as well really as it was so underpowered I couldn't believe it. Ten pumps would reward you with 2.5 ft.lbs! It took 3 to get one out of the barrel. Pitiful.
    I went the whole hog on it buying a flat top piston and valve unit before I realised that not only was there a bleed hole in the original valve but the transfer port was massively restricted. With a (presumably) US spec TP and the flat top kit I had to cut quite a few coils off the hammer spring to keep it under! So much so that now it doesn't even vent fully above a certain number of pumps. It's even possible to pump it up enough for 2 shots, although the second one is very weedy.

great little pumpers if could reduce the pumps

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Da wants to put di thumbs on a diet!

Ha ha!!

Harry knows about Dee Dars!!- 'Ey up dee darn deer, Wot da doin den'??