Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just curious - about scopes

I have three Schmidt and Bender scopes for my bigger rifles.
    A 3-12x50 PM 30mm tube
    A 3-12x42 Magnum 30mm tube
    A 10x42 PM 25mm tube

And the best of the lot is the fixed 10x42, it's just so much better to use. It has a brighter image and is lighter, it lives on my main Roe stalking / range rifle.
    Yes it does have a smaller field of view than the other two but you get used to it quickly. After shooting field target scopes with 40 and 50 power for decades the field of view is massive .

It's a old wives tail 30mm let's more light in, you'd need to have top glass first and foremost! And the more mag = more glass and each piece must be total ground perfectly without any bubbles in the layers etc and that's big money. 30mm is made for more sturdy construction, it has no benefits for Airgunners unless you take your Airgun into battle lol.

I prefer 1" tubes with a good quality glass and front AO, less to go wrong, gets left on 30+ yards 98% on the time shooting on 6x mag with a nice LS scope beautiful Optics for the cash, hard to beat for money IMO.

1" lighter, slicker, the light is all about glass and glass quality, obviously if you pay big cash on a 30mm you may notice a slight difference in light performance with 30mm over a 1' tubed scope of the same quality price but Id bet the difference will be very minor. Just my opinion