Thread: My BSA Scorpion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My BSA Scorpion

I've been hunting with air rifles for approx 28 years and nearly always with .177. I got a Scorpion T10 in .22 about six months ago, I must say I'm very impressed with this gun. We all know the potential for pass through with .177, but on the whole ive been very happy with the calibre and will stay with it for longer range rabbits.

Now I have a permanent hide set up 30 yards from a sitty tree which attracts, Jackdaws, crows and pigeons, without getting into yet another calibre debate, what I will say is that this Scorpion in .22 is dropping everything, without any runners.
    I await the "hit em in the right spot and .177 will be just as effective" crowd. But this is my findings, at the moment I'm reaching for the Scorpion everytime.

We all, as responsible hunters try to avoid wounding any living creature, BUT there are times when it occasionally happens. I personally are finding hunting from my hide has so far (touch wood) been 100% one shot kills so far. The great man himself, JD (RIP) said in his opinion .22 was better for hunting. I'm starting to think that also.

THIS IS PURELY MY OPINION, OTHERS MAY VARY
    Last edited by Trumpetier; 15-02-2017 at 10:53 AM.