Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My BSA Scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I was thinking of a LRF Rhys. Then I may totally convert
    Have a go with my Nikon acculon at the bash, it's super compact and sometimes a bit difficult to hold steady but fits really easy in the pocket and hand. Since having it in the field, I've become very deadly!! Especially with chairgun set up on your phone with your rifles stats inputted you can get the inclines perfect if it's a difficult shot. & It's even better if you have a hawk scope as you can use the reticles on there.

Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I remember looking at your Nikon at the last bash, I will have a little go this time mate. From what I remember it looked a quality piece of kit

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I remember looking at your Nikon at the last bash, I will have a little go this time mate. From what I remember it looked a quality piece of kit
    I'll bring my Vortex Ranger 1000 too if you want Dave. Having had a few LRF's I really like the Vortex, but it's good to compare different kit...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    I'll bring my Vortex Ranger 1000 too if you want Dave. Having had a few LRF's I really like the Vortex, but it's good to compare different kit...
    Oooooohhh... But my dad's bigger than your dad lol
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I'll bring my cheapo Hawke LRF It connects wirelessly to Chairgun, and not only tells me where to aim, it automatically orders pellets from JSR when I'm getting low on ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    I'll bring my cheapo Hawke LRF It connects wirelessly to Chairgun, and not only tells me where to aim, it automatically orders pellets from JSR when I'm getting low on ammo.
    I want one of them! Does it make a decent cuppa too?
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Oooooohhh... But my dad's bigger than your dad lol
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours
    Steady on Rhys, I didn't think the Bash was that kind of meeting....
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Steady on Rhys, I didn't think the Bash was that kind of meeting....
    Range finder hellequin.., Range finder! Where did your mind go? Dirty boy!!!!

On a serious note I'm bang into the vortex stuff so I'd love to check it out mine was the cheapest smallest decentish brand I could find.
    I think I only paid £120 for mine, I expect yours was more like £450 no?

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Range finder hellequin.., Range finder! Where did your mind go? Dirty boy!!!!

On a serious note I'm bang into the vortex stuff so I'd love to check it out mine was the cheapest smallest decentish brand I could find.
    I think I only paid £120 for mine, I expect yours was more like £450 no?

No mate I think I paid about £300 as I managed to find one well discounted on Amazon a while back. I'd have loved a Leica but couldn't stretch to that much, so features to price I reckoned Vortex was next best. Plus their lifetime warranty applies too!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

No mate I think I paid about £300 as I managed to find one well discounted on Amazon a while back. I'd have loved a Leica but couldn't stretch to that much, so features to price I reckoned Vortex was next best. Plus their lifetime warranty applies too!
    Yeah the warranty is tough to ignore,. Even if something else takes your fancy... I'm going to have a look at some bins soon and I've got several £300 one I want to look at but the vortex Diamondback at £150 on paper for me is going to take some serious beating because of the warranty.. IL have them for life, whatever!! Even if I run them over with my van!!
    Bonkers really..

Mine was about 60 quid, not that anybody asked.

I want one of them! Does it make a decent cuppa too?
    Nah, Mick's usually boiling up water, and we makes our own tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Mine was about 60 quid, not that anybody asked.

Nah, Mick's usually boiling up water, and we makes our own tea.
    That's handy, I'm fussy when it comes to tea bags...

P.S. I had a Hawke LRF once. It was OK, then it broke. Same as the Optisan one I had after it... Had a Bushnell which was good but I sold it, then bought the Vortex. Had it about 3 years and it's been dropped, lost, found, dropped some more. Still works. If/when it dies I'll send it to Vortex for a new one.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd