Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA light ?

HW100 Thumbhole stock VGC

Keep finding things, there is also a vgc thumb hole stock, the box is marked HW100

pics shortly

HW100 Thumbhole stock VGC

I believe the Manitou was the pre-runner to the FN19, but I stand to be corrected here. They seem to change hands between £150-£250 depending on the condition. The pictures aren't the clearest, is the barrel pitted? I seem to remember hearing that the trigger block was a weak point and could crack somehow; I'm sure someone else will have more accurate gen on this. Hope some of this helped anyway.

As has been said already get valuations on here and sell privately. I sold two guns recently at Holt's and was very disappointed with the prices and then £150 just for the photo s in the catalogue.Never again.
    Mac

Thank you for the information. Assume i need to post under sales, well that would make sense hehe

Titan Manitou

All i can say is there is still air in it so cant be leaking i would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamjohn View Post
    Thank you for the information. Assume i need to post under sales, well that would make sense hehe
    Hi Graham.

You could post in sales or you could put a sales post up in this section if you wish.

The three guns you've had valued on here could be incorporated into one thread, or you could have a seperate thread for each gun --- the choice is entirely up to you.

As Gareth pointed out on another of your threads, selling off the back of a valuation thread is frowned upon on here, so please refrain from doing so.

Anyway, good luck with your sales.

All the best Mick

thanks for the info, will do Cheers

BSA light Pattern Value ?

Back to the BSA light, anyone else have thoughts on its value please, pics are attached

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/graywon1/library/

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Back to the BSA light, anyone else have thoughts on its value please, pics are attached

Hi due to it's condition rust pitting, and the none original trigger guard, plus missing the stock plug. l would say around the £100 + mark.

good morning,i would think about £80ish,better examples are quite common around the £100 mark.
    all the best and good luck

BSA light Pattern Value ?

Many thanks for the value, i am a bit torn between selling it and keeping it but we will see

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamjohn View Post
    back to the bsa light, anyone else have thoughts on its value please, pics are attached

£70-80 imho

There is a market (and it's probably quite a small one), for folks who like to resurrect "old scrappers", even if they will never be original, or anywhere near prestine, to a functional state and a reasonable condition. But one must accept that the prices are generally a fraction of what the same guns in nice, original condition would fetch. A nice (but not minty) original condition light pattern would be around £200, for example.

I would also echo the advice on selling privately (and this forum is one of the most active); auctions take a massive cut from both seller and buyer, so frankly you are very unlikely to get the best price, unless you have something very rare and desirable...

HTH - JB
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 20-02-2017 at 07:08 PM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.