Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA light ?

BSA light ?

Morning all, im new to this in all ways. I have been given a collection of old, i would say vintage airguns. Some are rusty scrappers but others are ok. The problem i have is my wife doesn't like guns in the house. What my best option, auction or ?

I have attached a link to one of the rifles. I believe its a BSA light?

It works ok but expect it needs a strip down etc I notice it has an original brass trigger guard

Any thoughts would be greatfully received

Cheers

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/graywon1/library/

hi what are the others including rusty scrappers ?
    the photo comes up so small you cant see any detail
    cheers ian

Firstly BSA light pics i think if you click on them they should enlarge. Is there a better way to upload pics ? Also have a HW35 but it has a split stock, and a rusty Diana 23, others still to identify

Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post
    hi what are the others including rusty scrappers ?
    the photo comes up so small you cant see any detail
    cheers ian
    I'd be interested on seeing the rest of them.

If you click on the photo, Helm, an album opens up for you to flick through.

All the best Mick

Titan Manitou

Actually there is a Titan Manitou as well which i forgot about ! Photobucket is such a pain, i must find an easier way to display the pics ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamjohn View Post
    Morning all, im new to this in all ways. I have been given a collection of old, i would say vintage airguns. Some are rusty scrappers but others are ok. The problem i have is my wife doesn't like guns in the house. What my best option, auction or ?
    I have attached a link to one of the rifles. I believe its a BSA light?
    It works ok but expect it needs a strip down etc I notice it has an original brass trigger guard
    Any thoughts would be greatfully received Cheers

The wife doesn't like them in the house? That is a problem and I am glad it isn't mine
    Build a shed for the air rifles; or for the wife?

Old vintage air guns? Don't throw any of it away; there are plenty of talented individuals who can redeem these.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wanted: rear sight for Milbro Diana MK4, the slide elevation type. Or images to replicate from.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 15-02-2017 at 12:16 PM.

BSA light Titan etc

So would anyone think auction is the best way for them ?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

You would do better listing them for valuation in threads on here, in this section, then once happy with a ball park figure, listing them for sale in the sales section, and in here in collectables, too, to avoid ott auction fees, plus the delay in seeing them available for auction/sale (auctions for air guns prep several months before the event). Just my take on it.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

With respect, if the others are no better than the L/Patt, I doubt they would fetch much. If I had to value and list defects on the L/Patt with things like, home made trigger guard, initials in stock and butt screw cover missing. I would say £50 -£75.

BSA light Titan etc

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    With respect, if the others are no better than the L/Patt, I doubt they would fetch much. If I had to value and list defects on the L/Patt with things like, home made trigger guard, initials in stock and butt screw cover missing. I would say £50 -£75.
    Oh ok, thats more than i thought to be honest. The Titan Manitou is in much better condition I will add some pics

Hi Graham. You made mention of 'scrappers', I can only see the BSA.
    I presume that you would be needing a valuation before deciding on auction or not?
    Perhaps consider complete images in the correct orientation and both sides. full views of the stock, trigger block and cylinder, barrel showing the sights and linkages that would enable members to offer their opinions on value.
    Auctions take a bite off the realised top bid and from conversation here, that bite can be a large one.
    My opinion? A sale based on the straight up response from the membership would likely afford the best outcome for both parties.
    How about images of the 'scrappers' also? There are many seeking to ressurect or source parts.
    They would be no good to me as the bus trip is too great and post is probably uneconomic also.
    Cheers.

Gareth and Binners good advice got there before me; obviously my typing speed is wanting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wanted: rear sight for Milbro Diana MK4, the slide elevation type. Or images to replicate from.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 15-02-2017 at 06:52 PM.

BSA light Titan etc

Coincidentally the initials on the stock were my late fathers but he never owned one

Titan Manitou

Here is a link to the Titan pics, let me know your thoughts . Cheers

Titan pics

Oops senior moment

https://imageshack.com/a/ap7l/1