Thread: HW100 Stock

HW100 Stock

Re my posting of items i have been left in a will in the vintage section i have found a boxed HW100 stock, well thats what it says on the box. its in vgc can anyone tell me whats its worth and should i auction it or sell it privately ? Cheers

Hi,

If you post a link to a picture we can confirm if it is indeed an hw100 stock and this will also let us know which style it is and what condition it is in. Then I am sure we can give you an idea of its value.

Richard
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Apologies, I have just looked at your thread history and found the pictures you posted. It looks like a very nicely figured standard thumbhole stock. If you could measure the overall length I can tell if it is for a carbine or full length version.

Regards

Richard.

Hw100

Thank
    for you your reply, have added the link here. It measures 30 inches overall length. Regards

https://imageshack.com/a/cv7l/1

Hi,

I have just taken my hw100 out of the cabinet and the stock is the same length, so the stock is for a full length model. I have seen HW100 stocks go for widely different prices but if it were mine I would ask for £125 for it given the tiger striping and hope to achieve that or a very close price. On a good day it might get more, a lot will depend on how long you are willing to wait for the right buyer to pay a good price.

I have sent you a PM via the forum with an offer to assist you evaluate the condition of the items you have to help you get as fair a valuation/price as possible. Please let me know if you would like me to help.

ATB

Rich.

HW100 stock price

Do you think the £125 is a fair price as many have viewed it but no replies to the sales thread at all ??

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamjohn View Post
    Do you think the £125 is a fair price as many have viewed it but no replies to the sales thread at all ??
    A sporter one with decent stripes failed to sell for £90.00 on the Bay. Ordinarly I would have thought that £100~£120.00 be a fair price.

A.G

HW100 stock price

Many thanks for the info, i just dont want it to hang around and get damaged. im sure it will go at some stage, i dont want to give it away !

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamjohn View Post
    Many thanks for the info, i just dont want it to hang around and get damaged. im sure it will go at some stage, i dont want to give it away !
    That is what I believe. If the price is reasonable and one is not desperate for the cash the right buyer will be found.

A.G

A much less attractive carbine thumbhole stock sold in the last couple of days on that auction site for £86 (before postage is added) and that had a reasonably big ding on it.
    Rich.

i will keep it on here and see how it goes.Lovely piece of wood imo.

Certainly is a fine stock. Definitely worth more than the 1 that sold on the bay.
    Rich

or i wait for a tatty HW100 to come along and keep it but i doubt that will happen

Bump bump