Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Daystate LE

Another Daystate LE

On the cover of the latest AGW the new Daystate LE for a princely sum of £1990. It looks like a tarted up version of a Wolverine B. What is the point I ask and I am a fan of Daystates.

A.G

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    While they keep selling, Daystate will keep making them...
    Good deals with these members

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I still choke on that price tag, but apparently everyone who has handled and shot it is raving about it in terms of look, feel and quality - it even seems to be accurate and to power - but that should be a given. I don't really get the whole deal on the name either, and would have liked this to be electronic or regged, but they are selling them with ease, so it's hard to say they have not got it right. I don't buy designer clothes - but they sell!

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

It's also the 'launch rifle' for the Wolverine II, plus the LE stuff.

These rifles sell, so people must want them. No one is forced to buy them but many choose to do just that. The rest writes itself, really.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

With the greatest respect to everyone - I would hope that looks, feel, quality, accuracy and power ARE all evident on a gun that costs nearly 2k.

Like T said - people still buy them - might as well let them crack on eh?

Won't be me though.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

Well I just bought one, no better then my Weihrauch 100 but I think it looks great and performs well.

I can happily afford it and no one else I know has one so why not

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    Well I just bought one, no better then my Weihrauch 100 but I think it looks great and performs well.

I can happily afford it and no one else I know has one so why not
    Value is just a perception - if you want it and can afford it your spot on to have it and enjoy it. I have posted many times saying it's about how it makes you feel - regardless of gun, regardless of manufacturer.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I was a huge Daystate fan and i still rate them ish !!!
    Daystates refusal to regulate their rifles is just a dead end for me , i was considering buying another new Daystate but then i found the RAW UK distributor nice laminate thumbhole stock and carbon bottle regulated and with a top end scope still change form a DS and the whole stream of limited editions has just got boring

I'm sorry but all the decoration on these LE Daystates doesn't appeal to me at all.

I much prefer a sober looking gun with a walnut stock. It's a gun after all, not an article of jewellery.

Still, as Terry says, there is obviously a market for them and people will spend their money as they wish.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

TBH, I have spent silly money on rubbish so I have no leg to stand on.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    TBH, I have spent silly money on rubbish so I have no leg to stand on.

A.G
    you are not alone there !!! iv got some awesome kit still in the boxes il probably never use

Another Gaystate limited edition - never saw that coming...

Perhaps I should have added in my OP that the rifle as photographed looked rather dishy. Now if that beast was in .25 and 65 ft.lbs of ME I might look at it differently.
    Joking aside I have seen some of these on display by their owners. Every once in a while I visit AIR shooting range and at times they are all on display complete with pricy gunrests. Nice to look at but the owners spend most of the time talking about their various virtues. I just pull my gun out start putting holes in the target cards.
    Terry made a very valid comment in his review of the last LE one that I can't remeber the name of, that these guns were made to be shot and not spend their lives in their cases. If I ever got one these I make sure that I shoot it a lot and I mean a lot. Think about it if you shoot 20000 pellets out of one these each shot excluding the price of the air, would have cost you 12 pence . So I'd shoot it a lot, quite a lot.

A.G

TD is right, they do sell.
    That doesn't mean we can't laugh at the people who buy them.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    While they keep selling, Daystate will keep making them...
    Except they don't make the rifles, well the majority of the thing anyway. All Daystate do is assemble the parts shipped into the UK. Nothing special about the operation, only the price for the many LE's which maybe, possibly a sound investment if you live to a ripe old age