Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Daystate LE

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    TD is right, they do sell.
    That doesn't mean we can't laugh at the people who buy them.

Chris
    Spot on, Chris...

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Value is just a perception - if you want it and can afford it your spot on to have it and enjoy it. I have posted many times saying it's about how it makes you feel - regardless of gun, regardless of manufacturer.

James
    This ^^^
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    TD is right, they do sell.
    That doesn't mean we can't laugh at the people who buy them.

Chris
    Too right, I always have a shake of the head and a inward giggle, when I see somebody with a bullpup, or any military styled gun.

But each to their own I say

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    But each to their own I say
    I think this is actually the point, doesn't do anything for me however

The limited edition bubble eventually has to burst and I think DS have milked it dry.

I think Theoben had it right in that the now and again did a limited run of guns, nothing big was made out if it but eventually people realised they had a collectable value.

I'd much rather have a Vanquish, TTR, Rapid Deluxe or even an Impact than the latest DS limited edition, but that's my view.

Believe or not people buy these and them sell them second hand.

By that time the price can look reasonable against a standard model.
    And LE versions don't tend to get shot much.

So I'm all for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmax View Post
    The limited edition bubble eventually has to burst and I think DS have milked it dry.

I think Theoben had it right in that the now and again did a limited run of guns, nothing big was made out if it but eventually people realised they had a collectable value.

I'd much rather have a Vanquish, TTR, Rapid Deluxe or even an Impact than the latest DS limited edition, but that's my view.
    OTOH perhaps if Theoben had made a ltd edition every few years perhaps they'd still be in business

If a fancy stock & garish adornment means they sell an extra couple of hundred rifles that's an extra quarter million £ in the bank,
    personally I find all their ltd editions look like "chav-specials" & much prefer the "plain simple" look, but then they aren't aimed at the likes of me

Saxon

The wife bought me one for Christmas and wedding anniversary. And I must say the look and feel of the stock is amazing. Shooting it is a dream and it's better than the old B&C types both of which I have.
    Did she waist her money yes she did however it's been out on the range every day this week. I am a firm believer that if u own some thing you should use it.

I collect Daystate rifles and yes they cost a an arm and a leg and are not regulated but lord above when they are on form they a really on form.

Has she got an unmarried Sister please?

Saxon

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Has she got an unmarried Sister please?

Yes she has and at the moment the in married sister is in my shower having flown in from the state last night. She has her own business and is minted. At a young 50 she is fit and yes I would and she is into fire arms of any description.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    OTOH perhaps if Theoben had made a ltd edition every few years perhaps they'd still be in business

If a fancy stock & garish adornment means they sell an extra couple of hundred rifles that's an extra quarter million £ in the bank,
    personally I find all their ltd editions look like "chav-specials" & much prefer the "plain simple" look, but then they aren't aimed at the likes of me
    Very good point if Theoben had changed with the times instead of sticking to a 20 + year old desighn there's every chance they'd be still around. Bet Martin Rutherford at R.A.W had a very big smug grin on his face when they collapsed if only they'd followed his advise instead of him having to go to the states to update the desighn

As for daystates LE it's hell of a lot better than air arms offering of there limited edition and cheaper