Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
Firstly ANY gun can and does leak. I have a 100 and its leaked. Big deal. Its easy fix. I have a Daystate Air Ranger....it leaks....same thing its no big deal.

We are talking high pressure air and some seal material is better than others so like anything servicing your kit is a requirement not a surprise.

I have had an Air Wolf that back fed pellets into the breech. Couldnt get on with it so went back to a 100.

Rifles are about fit. If the 100 didnt fit then no problem...find one that does. It is not as though we are stuck on choice.

However...when it comes to performance and use for a multi task rifle the 100 is a major contender.

I challenge you to look at any make or model and not find grumbles about it. Its mechanical so its going to fail or play up.

You have to look at the bigger picture. When the 100 was launched it was well ahead of any other rifle and arguably....still is.

But choose your kit to fit and do the job you need it to do and do your homework and one should be fine.

If the 100 has any issues its weight and balance and simply due tonthefact that they have tonuse steel tubes which are typically over engineered.

Switching to an alloy totally transforms the 100 and you can either keep the steel.or sell it to offset cost.

Both companies have a tough time when it comes to customer service. Personally I have never had a real issue with either but as soon as its out of warranty I wod remove any anti tamper as I check and adjust my rifle if it need it. Again its part of the deal of legal limit gun ownership.

As for power shifts.....there are so many factors that can affect this even down to metals used and grease etc. Temps have a huge potential affect. Again you have just got to deal with it. O havent owned a single rifle that didnt need a tweak iro power output.

One needs to be specific and not generalise or band wagon so a good deal of reading between the lines is required when deciding on a new rifle but really...the best advice is shoulder the rifle with your eyes shut and let your rifle and ody tell you if it fits.or not.

Then look at the pros and cons of what it has to do for you.

The 100 is a fine rifle. So is my Air Ranger and both are keeper.

Fit is king
Yes bud agreed , Have sold most of my pcp Guns and just left with the ones I want to keep which is a mk2 phoenix , daystate air ranger and I also got a mk2 rapid and 2x mk1 rapids, As for fit is king, I have always said the ugly stocked or early stocked mk1 rapid I have always found better than any other gun for shouldering, I prefer it to my mk2 , It just fits me better, For me another factor of choosing a gun is if it goes wrong, If your able to sort a problem yourself of you are able to source help for a problem you may get with a gun then that would be a good factor on choosing one , More so second hand, I myself have had trouble with my Hw 100 , DS air wolf , mk3 daystate also my huntsman classic but was lucky enough to sort the problem out myself. They all get problems and most suffer when they don't get used much, Back to the Hw100 , mine leaked it also had problems with power mostly due to the grease they bucket in and also the low shot count was another factor for me, Again is why mine are all buddy bottle Guns, But to say the hw100 don't leak is quite an understatement.