Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daystate Huntsman Regal vs Weihrauch HW100

Daystate Huntsman Regal vs Weihrauch HW100

I've been on the cusp of buying a PCP for the last 10 years, but never actually went through with it! If I did buy one tomorrow it would be one of the aforementioned beauties. Here are some pros of each (in my opinion).

Huntsman pros:

It is lighter, higher shot count than HW100K, more attractive stock

HW100 pros:

Lower priced, Ambidextrous (I'm a leftie), Quieter, higher build quality(?), slicker action, higher magazine capacity

Has anyone owned one or both of the above, what's your opinion?

Got to be the 100. Latest sporter model is ambidextrous as I discovered when I bought my latest new one a few months ago. Build quality is second to none and is so very popular for good reasons!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    You have got your list and I think it's about right.

I do think the Regal is lighter and better looking, and my wife's gives around 100 shots a fill and keeps up with all my guns which cost twice hers embarrassingly enough. The power curve is not bad, but you can see it by a few mm over a fill against paper targets at 30m - in the field just fill to 190 and shoot to 110 to get the best 70/80 shots and you will not notice any difference in them.

Then again, I can't knock the HW100, it's a cracking gun, but does not do any more than the Regal - which is why I bought two Regals a few years back even though they were dearer than the HW100s - but it's a personal choice - I really thing you need to get a few rounds down both and see how they feel to you, then go for what feels right.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Had both and still got both HW100k's . If you can get a good regal then it's a lovely gun but and that is a big but not many around .
    i would love another regal if it came with no rattles , blued barrel instead of the cheap shroud , running at 11.5 ft/lb , be able to take vertical shots more than 35 degree with out the pellet dropping into the hammer system , flaking of the trigger guard and the crap powder coating and many more things .
    Apart from that, very nice to look at , goes to the shoulder well , light

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Had both and still got both HW100k's . If you can get a good regal then it's a lovely gun but and that is a big but not many around .
    i would love another regal if it came with no rattles , blued barrel instead of the cheap shroud , running at 11.5 ft/lb , be able to take vertical shots more than 35 degree with out the pellet dropping into the hammer system , flaking of the trigger guard and the crap powder coating and many more things .
    Apart from that, very nice to look at , goes to the shoulder well , light
    Pellet dropping into the hammer system???? Hows that then? Worst that'll happen is pellets moving back in the mag, the one in the breach is supported by the probe.. any problems with this just means you need to change the mag oring which is a £2.50 10min job
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Op., I say go see which one fits & feels best.. they both have there pros & cons, but both also are great rifles. I want to like the 100 but it just don't fit me without a big chunk of cs800 stock. That's why I bought an r10 mk2 which is also famed for its flaws. I chose it because it fitted well & felt great & IL sort any issues with it because it seems to me that no matter how we kick & scream about the QC of the current gun manufacturers, they are all (and it's not there fault) driven by money!
    Buy a second hand regal if your going to as itl have the issues sorted and you won't feel like you have a sore bum after buying it!!!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I have tried the HW100, but have yet to find a L/H Huntsman to compare. My local indoor range has R/H Huntsmans as hire guns so that's an option. My first impression of the HW100 was how uncomfortable the stock felt against the side of my face - I don't have a head like John Merrick so it made me wonder if the ambidextrous stock was too much of a compromise. Otherwise, I couldn't really fault it.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I agree the regal is better looking but I would get a HW100 over it.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by whipsaw View Post
    I have tried the HW100, but have yet to find a L/H Huntsman to compare. My local indoor range has R/H Huntsmans as hire guns so that's an option. My first impression of the HW100 was how uncomfortable the stock felt against the side of my face - I don't have a head like John Merrick so it made me wonder if the ambidextrous stock was too much of a compromise. Otherwise, I couldn't really fault it.
    Same.. can't get on with ambidextrous stocks must be my gorgeous chiseled cheek bones .. it's why I couldn't have an ultra, s4** or hw100. So BSA r10 it was as they are ceaper than the huntsman and your not restricted to scope height because of the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I agree the regal is better looking but I would get a HW100 over it.
    If it fitted me I'd probably do the same... Maybe if I was feeling strong!!
    Love how light the huntsman is..

Quote Originally Posted by whipsaw View Post
    I've been on the cusp of buying a PCP for the last 10 years, but never actually went through with it! If I did buy one tomorrow it would be one of the aforementioned beauties. Here are some pros of each (in my opinion).

Huntsman pros:

It is lighter, higher shot count than HW100K, more attractive stock

HW100 pros:

Lower priced, Ambidextrous (I'm a leftie), Quieter, higher build quality(?), slicker action, higher magazine capacity

Has anyone owned one or both of the above, what's your opinion?
    I have got both. Both are brilliant guns. Mine is a Regal XL and I get about 105 closely matched shots out of the cylinder filled to about 190.
    They have a different feel to each other but both are highly accurate, sub 1/2" at 50 yards is not a problem. Both hold accuracy to about an inch at 75 yards.
    The HW 100 is the slicker one to recycle and fire and has a quieter action but TBH both are silent. Build quality is very high on both of them. The stock on my Regal is a beauty but the HW 100 is a better fit for me. I changed the cylinder on my 100 to an A&M one and dropped the power to 11.2ft.lbs and I get 75 shots to within 6 ft/s spread. The Regal has a remarkably consistent out put from 180 down to 120 bar, about 12 ft/s spread. The magazine system of the 100 is still the best out there and no double loading even you tried ( there is a way but one has to be demented to try and double load it on purpose ). Regal is the lighter of he two but the HW balances better.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I have got both. Both are brilliant guns. Mine is a Regal XL and I get about 105 closely matched shots out of the cylinder filled to about 190.
    They have a different feel to each other but both are highly accurate, sub 1/2" at 50 yards is not a problem. Both hold accuracy to about an inch at 75 yards.
    The HW 100 is the slicker one to recycle and fire and has a quieter action but TBH both are silent. Build quality is very high on both of them. The stock on my Regal is a beauty but the HW 100 is a better fit for me. I changed the cylinder on my 100 to an A&M one and dropped the power to 11.2ft.lbs and I get 75 shots to within 6 ft/s spread. The Regal has a remarkably consistent out put from 180 down to 120 bar, about 12 ft/s spread. The magazine system of the 100 is still the best out there and no double loading even you tried ( there is a way but one has to be demented to try and double load it on purpose ). Regal is the lighter of he two but the HW balances better.

A.G
    Brilliant, thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Pellet dropping into the hammer system???? Hows that then? Worst that'll happen is pellets moving back in the mag, the one in the breach is supported by the probe.. any problems with this just means you need to change the mag oring which is a £2.50 10min job
    Oh should i be doing this with 4 brand new mags , i don't think so , it's a known fact if, you try and load another pellet when shooting up in the air the pellet can fall in to the hammer system , that came from the horse's mouth apparently

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Oh should i be doing this with 4 brand new mags , i don't think so , it's a known fact if, you try and load another pellet when shooting up in the air the pellet can fall in to the hammer system , that came from the horse's mouth apparently
    Horse is telling porkies then. If you locate the pellet in the "O" ring it can't go backwards. To the OP. Try them both and buy what suits.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

I am on my 4th HW100 and the previous 3 worked faultlessly, my new 100 KT laminated originally came out of the box under powered, a bit of degreasing has sorted that out. The accuracy of the gun is awful and I believe it's now going back to HC. Also have a 110, shorter that the KT same shot count as the full length 100 and 11.2ft lb out the box and accurate. Feels lighter also, try a few before you buy is always good advice
    R10SE .22 Tactical, Huma Regged, HW100 KT .177