Thread: Daystate Huntsman Regal vs Weihrauch HW100

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't forget, Nearly all hw100 will suffer with leaks and power variances, Low power seems to be the most common problem with daystate Guns but they are easy to adjust for the power, If servicing or possibly repairing you own gun is not an option then I would possibly look at a AA S510 ,

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Don't forget, Nearly all hw100 will suffer with leaks and power variances, Low power seems to be the most common problem with daystate Guns but they are easy to adjust for the power, If servicing or possibly repairing you own gun is not an option then I would possibly look at a AA S510 ,

My HW 100s never leaked and never suffered from power fluctuations, my first was a secondhand mk 1 non quickfill.

Don't forget, Nearly all hw100 will suffer with leaks and power variances,
    Sorry mate, but this statement is absolute twaddle.
    A few will but the vast majority will be fine.
    It's statements like this that make forums such founts of BS.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Sorry mate, but this statement is absolute twaddle.
    A few will but the vast majority will be fine.
    It's statements like this that make forums such founts of BS.

Chris
    Well there is enough on the forums about them leaking, No need to get upset if you read something you don't like, It ain't my fault they leak, It's my take on the hw100, and yes I've owned one and never again , Just could not get on with it, Search the net , There's been plenty about the hw100 with leaking problems,

Also type in the search bar hw100 leaking , Make a flask of tea first.

All PCPs leak at some stage. HW does not leak any more than any other PCP. 99% of the leaks are fixed by just replacing a single O ring at the inlet nipple that takes about 30 seconds to do.
    I can only speak about my HW 100 and once I had cleaned the thick factory grease from the hammer and shuttle assembly ( just needs squirtting some Napier air gun oil on to the right parts ) it has never suffered power fluctuation of anysort. MY HW is the test bed for all my gun experiments and it has a spread of 6 ft/s even if I alter the REG pressure or hammer spring tension.
    The Daystates used to be easy to adjust the power on but apparently Daystate have now put in an AT that requires a special tool to get to the power adjuster.
    The elctronic versions can only be adjusted if you know the recoding procedure for the particular chip that is used in its control computer. Messing with it can otherwise render the gun dead.

A.G

Well there is enough on the forums about them leaking, No need to get upset if you read something you don't like, It ain't my fault they leak, It's my take on the hw100, and yes I've owned one and never again , Just could not get on with it, Search the net , There's been plenty about the hw100 with leaking problems,

Also type in the search bar hw100 leaking , Make a flask of tea first.
    Firstly ANY gun can and does leak. I have a 100 and its leaked. Big deal. Its easy fix. I have a Daystate Air Ranger....it leaks....same thing its no big deal.

We are talking high pressure air and some seal material is better than others so like anything servicing your kit is a requirement not a surprise.

I have had an Air Wolf that back fed pellets into the breech. Couldnt get on with it so went back to a 100.

Rifles are about fit. If the 100 didnt fit then no problem...find one that does. It is not as though we are stuck on choice.

However...when it comes to performance and use for a multi task rifle the 100 is a major contender.

I challenge you to look at any make or model and not find grumbles about it. Its mechanical so its going to fail or play up.

You have to look at the bigger picture. When the 100 was launched it was well ahead of any other rifle and arguably....still is.

But choose your kit to fit and do the job you need it to do and do your homework and one should be fine.

If the 100 has any issues its weight and balance and simply due tonthefact that they have tonuse steel tubes which are typically over engineered.

Switching to an alloy totally transforms the 100 and you can either keep the steel.or sell it to offset cost.

Both companies have a tough time when it comes to customer service. Personally I have never had a real issue with either but as soon as its out of warranty I wod remove any anti tamper as I check and adjust my rifle if it need it. Again its part of the deal of legal limit gun ownership.

As for power shifts.....there are so many factors that can affect this even down to metals used and grease etc. Temps have a huge potential affect. Again you have just got to deal with it. O havent owned a single rifle that didnt need a tweak iro power output.

One needs to be specific and not generalise or band wagon so a good deal of reading between the lines is required when deciding on a new rifle but really...the best advice is shoulder the rifle with your eyes shut and let your rifle and ody tell you if it fits.or not.

Then look at the pros and cons of what it has to do for you.

The 100 is a fine rifle. So is my Air Ranger and both are keeper.

Fit is king
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Firstly ANY gun can and does leak. I have a 100 and its leaked. Big deal. Its easy fix. I have a Daystate Air Ranger....it leaks....same thing its no big deal.

We are talking high pressure air and some seal material is better than others so like anything servicing your kit is a requirement not a surprise.

I have had an Air Wolf that back fed pellets into the breech. Couldnt get on with it so went back to a 100.

Rifles are about fit. If the 100 didnt fit then no problem...find one that does. It is not as though we are stuck on choice.

However...when it comes to performance and use for a multi task rifle the 100 is a major contender.

I challenge you to look at any make or model and not find grumbles about it. Its mechanical so its going to fail or play up.

You have to look at the bigger picture. When the 100 was launched it was well ahead of any other rifle and arguably....still is.

But choose your kit to fit and do the job you need it to do and do your homework and one should be fine.

If the 100 has any issues its weight and balance and simply due tonthefact that they have tonuse steel tubes which are typically over engineered.

Switching to an alloy totally transforms the 100 and you can either keep the steel.or sell it to offset cost.

Both companies have a tough time when it comes to customer service. Personally I have never had a real issue with either but as soon as its out of warranty I wod remove any anti tamper as I check and adjust my rifle if it need it. Again its part of the deal of legal limit gun ownership.

As for power shifts.....there are so many factors that can affect this even down to metals used and grease etc. Temps have a huge potential affect. Again you have just got to deal with it. O havent owned a single rifle that didnt need a tweak iro power output.

One needs to be specific and not generalise or band wagon so a good deal of reading between the lines is required when deciding on a new rifle but really...the best advice is shoulder the rifle with your eyes shut and let your rifle and ody tell you if it fits.or not.

Then look at the pros and cons of what it has to do for you.

The 100 is a fine rifle. So is my Air Ranger and both are keeper.

Fit is king
    Yes bud agreed , Have sold most of my pcp Guns and just left with the ones I want to keep which is a mk2 phoenix , daystate air ranger and I also got a mk2 rapid and 2x mk1 rapids, As for fit is king, I have always said the ugly stocked or early stocked mk1 rapid I have always found better than any other gun for shouldering, I prefer it to my mk2 , It just fits me better, For me another factor of choosing a gun is if it goes wrong, If your able to sort a problem yourself of you are able to source help for a problem you may get with a gun then that would be a good factor on choosing one , More so second hand, I myself have had trouble with my Hw 100 , DS air wolf , mk3 daystate also my huntsman classic but was lucky enough to sort the problem out myself. They all get problems and most suffer when they don't get used much, Back to the Hw100 , mine leaked it also had problems with power mostly due to the grease they bucket in and also the low shot count was another factor for me, Again is why mine are all buddy bottle Guns, But to say the hw100 don't leak is quite an understatement.

secretagentmole Guest
    Yes bud agreed , Have sold most of my pcp Guns and just left with the ones I want to keep which is a mk2 phoenix , daystate air ranger and I also got a mk2 rapid and 2x mk1 rapids, As for fit is king, I have always said the ugly stocked or early stocked mk1 rapid I have always found better than any other gun for shouldering, I prefer it to my mk2 , It just fits me better, For me another factor of choosing a gun is if it goes wrong, If your able to sort a problem yourself of you are able to source help for a problem you may get with a gun then that would be a good factor on choosing one , More so second hand, I myself have had trouble with my Hw 100 , DS air wolf , mk3 daystate also my huntsman classic but was lucky enough to sort the problem out myself. They all get problems and most suffer when they don't get used much, Back to the Hw100 , mine leaked it also had problems with power mostly due to the grease they bucket in and also the low shot count was another factor for me, Again is why mine are all buddy bottle Guns, But to say the hw100 don't leak is quite an understatement.
    If your mk 1 stock is a better fit than the mk 2 you can get a mk 1 stock to fit mk 2 mechanism, just ask Custom Stock Sheffield, they are very helpful that way!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    If your mk 1 stock is a better fit than the mk 2 you can get a mk 1 stock to fit mk 2 mechanism, just ask Custom Stock Sheffield, they are very helpful that way!
    Yes bud, I have 2 x mk1 and a mk2 rapid, And funny enough I did say to my mate the other day that if I sold one I would possibly swap the stock over but saying that the trigger on the mk1s feel in a better position for myself than my mk2, But thanks it's always an option.

But to say the hw100 don't leak is quite an understatement.
    No-one said that, but to say MOST HW100s leak is like saying most BMWs will need a service. Every car needs regular servicing just like any pcp.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    No-one said that, but to say MOST HW100s leak is like saying most BMWs will need a service. Every car needs regular servicing just like any pcp.

Chris
    Looking back over the years, As with the huntsman classic being known for being underpowered the Hw100 would be known for leaking, Don't think it's a big deal if people take these factors into consideration when buying,

But to say the hw100 don't leak is quite an understatement.[/QUOTE]

I dont I said they dont leak. Mine dud and no doybt will again. But nor are they shit. One has to remember there isnt a perfect rifle anywhere so its an agreement to live with a rifles characteristics. I am happy to make those choices.

Simple PCPs are rarer nowadays so home brew is trickier especially if you have the talent of jade goody at gunsmithing
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill