Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daystate Huntsman Regal vs Weihrauch HW100

To the OP - your list is comprised of facts about each rifle, playing against one another - its going to be difficult to decide when you do that.
    Instead, make up a list of what is important to you in a rifle and then see what ticks the boxes against each rifle.
    After all this if you dont like the outcome, then you know what your gut feeling is, so go with that... always go with your gut! I do and Im a fat bastard - but Ive got some cracking rifles that I love
    Donald

Donald, I can see where you are coming from but the pros I've listed for both guns are what is important to me in a rifle and it's the fact that these pros are shared between the two that make it a difficult choice!

I had a regal for some time, but now I've got a hw100. I would go for the hw100 somewhat better in my eyes.

well, I have a hw100t in .177 and Ive had a shot of a Boxal regal limited edition, a while ahgo - in fact, it was the first pcp Id ever shot so my perception of it may be a bit jaded... obviously the Regal wins hands down in the looks department, but I would have to say the hw100 is a tack driving, efficient beast.. I have had mine for a while now and it is just so slick and smooth and has a bombproof feeling to it.. I have a thread up looking for a swap for the 100 but in all honesty I think Ill end up keeping it and saving up for the other things I want.
    sorry I cant be of more help... maybe you should try and get a shot of both at once... Im coming to the June bash at Micks and Ill bring the 100t - you just need to find someone with the regal!
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Oh should i be doing this with 4 brand new mags , i don't think so , it's a known fact if, you try and load another pellet when shooting up in the air the pellet can fall in to the hammer system , that came from the horse's mouth apparently
    As the bolt goes back the mag cycles then the pellet drops back onto the probe and possibly jamming it... I'm still not sure how it can get inside the action, I'm not saying your wrong villaman I'm just trying to see how it can happen... And your right, you should not have to do it to a new mag but if the gun fits then why not? My point is you either want to shoot the gun or not and as manufacturers all seem not to care then why not buy 2nd hand & sort the issues?
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Donald, I'd probably go for the HW100T too, because of the shot count and ambi stock. Why did you go for that particular version?

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Horse is telling porkies then. If you locate the pellet in the "O" ring it can't go backwards. To the OP. Try them both and buy what suits.
    That is what my RFD said and when the gun came back apparently Daystate told them to tell me do not try and load a pellet when shooting more than 35 degree
    So who am i to believe then ?

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    That is what my RFD said and when the gun came back apparently Daystate told them to tell me do not try and load a pellet when shooting more than 35 degree
    So who am i to believe then ?
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm., Again not saying your wrong but I've never had that issue & I'd question the rfd's words. (personally my opinion). as being mechanically minded I cannot see any possible way of a pellet getting into the hammer system. I'd say that's a fob off for something else...
    Still maybe I'm wrong and if I am IL happily eat my words
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

HW100 is way better the daystate is rubbish build quality is poor

Quote Originally Posted by whipsaw View Post
    Donald, I'd probably go for the HW100T too, because of the shot count and ambi stock. Why did you go for that particular version?

Cheers

Chris
    It was as simple as my mate was selling one and I have a chance at some rabbits on a golf course this summer and I wanted something suitable for the job - its on an invite alongside a guy who has the pest control permission and I didnt want to turn up with a boinger - I think its 'proper' pest control and not just a cozy permission.. I figured the lad will be lamping and I would need a nice quiet multishot - the hw100t came up and I snapped it up - its almost a minter and has had the antitamper / adjuster done and a full reseal. it also came with a nice bag, bottle and whip... I really couldnt say no...
    I got 7 mags out of a 200bar fill the last time I was at the club - I really need to do some power testing and see whats happening - I know its accurate.. it groups really well at 50 yards and its doing 10.8 with jsb - I might up the power, but on the other hand, it groups well with bismags so I might leave it as is.
    my only complaint about the gun is that its pretty front heavy, oh and when I have a beard or stubble, the pores in the stock are open and they pull at my cheek which is nippy!! one last thing is the silencer is bonded on, which isnt a big deal, but Id like to make a full shroud for it and Im afraid Ill damage the finish removing the old one.

all in all Id thoroughly recommend the 100. its easily the most accurate gun Ive had. its smooth and quiet and will perform when you want it too... Im not a stroker - Im a user, so this will not receive any special treatment - Ill look after it as best I can but if I decide Im keeping it, it will get used as a tool and not a wallhanger. out of the thousands made, this one is not destined to end up in a minter collection
    Donald

In my opinion, and I own both, the 100 is easily superior.
    There is some false information given on this thread but I'm not going to start another argument.
    It's important, if you're choosing between a KS/KT100 and a Regal, that you realise the real world difference between 70 (ish) regulated shots and 80 (ish) unregulated shots. As Jesim says, you can see a rise and fall at 30 yards, it's magnified at 35 yards, massive at 40 yards. At 45 yards you'll still have 70 (ish) bang on shots from the 100. With the Regal you'll be down to about 40 before you have to aim off.
    Buy what you feel happiest with mate, but never kid yourself about the difference between the two.
    As an aside, the problem that Villaman mentions about pellets falling back into the action is a common problem with all Daystates and is recognised even on the Daystate Owners Club forum. The official advice from the factory when this happens is to hold the gun upside down with the bolt pulled back and shake violently. Not confidence inspiring but there you go.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    There is some false information given on this thread but I'm not going to start another argument.
    It's important, if you're choosing between a KS/KT100 and a Regal, that you realise the real world difference between 70 (ish) regulated shots and 80 (ish) unregulated shots. As Jesim says, you can see a rise and fall at 30 yards, it's magnified at 35 yards, massive at 40 yards. At 45 yards you'll still have 70 (ish) bang on shots from the 100. With the Regal you'll be down to about 40 before you have to aim off.
    Buy what you feel happiest with mate, but never kid yourself about the difference between the two.
    As an aside, the problem that Villaman mentions about pellets falling back into the action is a common problem with all Daystates and is recognised even on the Daystate Owners Club forum. The official advice from the factory when this happens is to hold the gun upside down with the bolt pulled back and shake violently. Not confidence inspiring but there you go.

Chris
    Interesting... How do they get in there then? Is it through the pellet prob/bolt hole? As I didn't think the probe went far enough back on mine to let anything in there??? Maybe the classic was different?

Chris
    Thanks Chris ,I think a few on here did not believe me on this matter . Oh well that's forums for you !!

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    To the OP - your list is comprised of facts about each rifle, playing against one another - its going to be difficult to decide when you do that.
    Instead, make up a list of what is important to you in a rifle and then see what ticks the boxes against each rifle.
    After all this if you dont like the outcome, then you know what your gut feeling is, so go with that... always go with your gut! I do and Im a fat bastard - but Ive got some cracking rifles that I love
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Interesting... How do they get in there then? Is it through the pellet prob/bolt hole? As I didn't think the probe went far enough back on mine to let anything in there??? Maybe the classic was different?
    I think, on some but obviously not all, when you pull the bolt back the pellet comes backwards out of the mag and fall down the gap in the slider and body in the bottom of the mag well, if that makes sense.
    I've had a Regal that did this when cocked at an angle. The Regal I have at the moment doesn't do it but reading a few posts on the DOC, it is a common problem.

Chris

I think, on some but obviously not all, when you pull the bolt back the pellet comes backwards out of the mag and fall down the gap in the slider and body in the bottom of the mag well, if that makes sense.
    I've had a Regal that did this when cocked at an angle. The Regal I have at the moment doesn't do it but reading a few posts on the DOC, it is a common problem.

Chris
    Ahhh ok., Mine doesn't expose any gap in the mag well that's why I couldn't see it happening. Which if it does is a bit shite really.