Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daystate Huntsman Regal vs Weihrauch HW100

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Op., I say go see which one fits & feels best.. they both have there pros & cons, but both also are great rifles. I want to like the 100 but it just don't fit me without a big chunk of cs800 stock. That's why I bought an r10 mk2 which is also famed for its flaws. I chose it because it fitted well & felt great & IL sort any issues with it because it seems to me that no matter how we kick & scream about the QC of the current gun manufacturers, they are all (and it's not there fault) driven by money!
    Buy a second hand regal if your going to as itl have the issues sorted and you won't feel like you have a sore bum after buying it!!!!
    Good advice,

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Thanks Chris ,I think a few on here did not believe me on this matter . Oh well that's forums for you !!
    It's not that I didn't believe you sir I just rightfully couldn't see it happening as my rifle doesn't do it, now that we have established that it can happen and some do & some don't. IL eat my words num num num num num!

At least now op can check for this issue if he looks at the regals!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

It's not that I didn't believe you sir I just rightfully couldn't see it happening as my rifle doesn't do it, now that we have established that it can happen and some do & some don't. IL eat my words num num num num num!

At least now op can check for this issue if he looks at the regals!!
    Thank you for that , a true gent

I believed you Villa.

secretagentmole Guest
    Pellet dropping into the hammer system???? Hows that then? Worst that'll happen is pellets moving back in the mag, the one in the breach is supported by the probe.. any problems with this just means you need to change the mag oring which is a £2.50 10min job
    Happened on my X2, I was able to shake the pellet out. Happened on my Mk3 as well, in fact when I had that serviced there were three pellets in the mechanism, one I knew about, two that were there prior to my ownership (it was secondhand).

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Oh should i be doing this with 4 brand new mags , i don't think so , it's a known fact if, you try and load another pellet when shooting up in the air the pellet can fall in to the hammer system , that came from the horse's mouth apparently
    Happened to my 2 Daystates.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Horse is telling porkies then. If you locate the pellet in the "O" ring it can't go backwards. To the OP. Try them both and buy what suits.
    Horse is right, the pellet can fall backwards, the magazines are not perfect and the O ring does not keep the pellet in situ, even if you located the pellet properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    In my opinion, and I own both, the 100 is easily superior.
    There is some false information given on this thread but I'm not going to start another argument.
    It's important, if you're choosing between a KS/KT100 and a Regal, that you realise the real world difference between 70 (ish) regulated shots and 80 (ish) unregulated shots. As Jesim says, you can see a rise and fall at 30 yards, it's magnified at 35 yards, massive at 40 yards. At 45 yards you'll still have 70 (ish) bang on shots from the 100. With the Regal you'll be down to about 40 before you have to aim off.
    Buy what you feel happiest with mate, but never kid yourself about the difference between the two.
    As an aside, the problem that Villaman mentions about pellets falling back into the action is a common problem with all Daystates and is recognised even on the Daystate Owners Club forum. The official advice from the factory when this happens is to hold the gun upside down with the bolt pulled back and shake violently. Not confidence inspiring but there you go.

Chris
    I know, when it happened on my Mk 3 I posted about it, was told what the problem was, decided to get my gun serviced by a Daystate Accredited Service Agent who retrieved 3 pellets out of it.

Ahhh ok., Mine doesn't expose any gap in the mag well that's why I couldn't see it happening. Which if it does is a bit shite really.
    It happens, can also happen on Theoben Rapids, the pellet falling backwards out of the magazine, did on my Mk 1.

secretagentmole Guest
    Having had both Daystates and HW100s, I would get the HW every time. It works.

When a Daystate works properly it is a thing of wonder, quiet, precise, great balance etc etc. Problem is they do not always work right and when they do they can muck themselves up if you reload with the gun pointing to the sky (something that happens a bit if roost shooting).

An HW100 tends to work. You pick it up, position the barrel sky wards and reload and the pellet does not jam the cocking mechanism up, the HW is not that much louder on firing than the DS, it is cheaper too.

Your money but would you buy a car from a manufacturer with a bad quality reputation, that charged you more and then when the car did not work and you took it to an appointed service agent tell you that you had invalidated the warranty(http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ystate+quality).

First question is which fits best.
    Next what is the use
    Next what rifle has more pro's for you and whatbyou want it to do.

I have a 100 sporter modified and its a keeper.

Its a hunting rifle and a comp gun when I can be arsed but the mag and cocking and hassle free top receiver avoids scope saddle and mag clash.

Both excellent rifles and lots of knowledge out there.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Thank you all for your posts. There seems to be a question mark over Daystate's reputation at the moment which is a damn shame. Spending nearly a grand on a gun and then having to sort out issues with it is totally unacceptable. I was also unaware that the Huntsman was un-regulated. I'm now much more likely to go for the Weihrauch, but this does mean I have only myself to blame if I can't hit anything!

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whipsaw View Post
    Thank you all for your posts. There seems to be a question mark over Daystate's reputation at the moment which is a damn shame. Spending nearly a grand on a gun and then having to sort out issues with it is totally unacceptable. I was also unaware that the Huntsman was un-regulated. I'm now much more likely to go for the Weihrauch, but this does mean I have only myself to blame if I can't hit anything!
    No, HW100s can and do go wrong, but you are less likely to get problems with it and HC, though begrudging, will fix problems, look at the trouble I had with the stock on mine, looked like it was finished by Wolverine. I complained and HC eventually replaced it, but it should not have left the factory in the first place!

Don't forget, Nearly all hw100 will suffer with leaks and power variances, Low power seems to be the most common problem with daystate Guns but they are easy to adjust for the power, If servicing or possibly repairing you own gun is not an option then I would possibly look at a AA S510 ,

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Don't forget, Nearly all hw100 will suffer with leaks and power variances, Low power seems to be the most common problem with daystate Guns but they are easy to adjust for the power, If servicing or possibly repairing you own gun is not an option then I would possibly look at a AA S510 ,

My HW 100s never leaked and never suffered from power fluctuations, my first was a secondhand mk 1 non quickfill.

Don't forget, Nearly all hw100 will suffer with leaks and power variances,
    Sorry mate, but this statement is absolute twaddle.
    A few will but the vast majority will be fine.
    It's statements like this that make forums such founts of BS.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Sorry mate, but this statement is absolute twaddle.
    A few will but the vast majority will be fine.
    It's statements like this that make forums such founts of BS.

Chris
    Well there is enough on the forums about them leaking, No need to get upset if you read something you don't like, It ain't my fault they leak, It's my take on the hw100, and yes I've owned one and never again , Just could not get on with it, Search the net , There's been plenty about the hw100 with leaking problems,

Also type in the search bar hw100 leaking , Make a flask of tea first.

All PCPs leak at some stage. HW does not leak any more than any other PCP. 99% of the leaks are fixed by just replacing a single O ring at the inlet nipple that takes about 30 seconds to do.
    I can only speak about my HW 100 and once I had cleaned the thick factory grease from the hammer and shuttle assembly ( just needs squirtting some Napier air gun oil on to the right parts ) it has never suffered power fluctuation of anysort. MY HW is the test bed for all my gun experiments and it has a spread of 6 ft/s even if I alter the REG pressure or hammer spring tension.
    The Daystates used to be easy to adjust the power on but apparently Daystate have now put in an AT that requires a special tool to get to the power adjuster.
    The elctronic versions can only be adjusted if you know the recoding procedure for the particular chip that is used in its control computer. Messing with it can otherwise render the gun dead.

A.G

Well there is enough on the forums about them leaking, No need to get upset if you read something you don't like, It ain't my fault they leak, It's my take on the hw100, and yes I've owned one and never again , Just could not get on with it, Search the net , There's been plenty about the hw100 with leaking problems,

Also type in the search bar hw100 leaking , Make a flask of tea first.
    Firstly ANY gun can and does leak. I have a 100 and its leaked. Big deal. Its easy fix. I have a Daystate Air Ranger....it leaks....same thing its no big deal.

We are talking high pressure air and some seal material is better than others so like anything servicing your kit is a requirement not a surprise.

I have had an Air Wolf that back fed pellets into the breech. Couldnt get on with it so went back to a 100.

Rifles are about fit. If the 100 didnt fit then no problem...find one that does. It is not as though we are stuck on choice.

However...when it comes to performance and use for a multi task rifle the 100 is a major contender.

I challenge you to look at any make or model and not find grumbles about it. Its mechanical so its going to fail or play up.

You have to look at the bigger picture. When the 100 was launched it was well ahead of any other rifle and arguably....still is.

But choose your kit to fit and do the job you need it to do and do your homework and one should be fine.

If the 100 has any issues its weight and balance and simply due tonthefact that they have tonuse steel tubes which are typically over engineered.

Switching to an alloy totally transforms the 100 and you can either keep the steel.or sell it to offset cost.

Both companies have a tough time when it comes to customer service. Personally I have never had a real issue with either but as soon as its out of warranty I wod remove any anti tamper as I check and adjust my rifle if it need it. Again its part of the deal of legal limit gun ownership.

As for power shifts.....there are so many factors that can affect this even down to metals used and grease etc. Temps have a huge potential affect. Again you have just got to deal with it. O havent owned a single rifle that didnt need a tweak iro power output.

One needs to be specific and not generalise or band wagon so a good deal of reading between the lines is required when deciding on a new rifle but really...the best advice is shoulder the rifle with your eyes shut and let your rifle and ody tell you if it fits.or not.

Then look at the pros and cons of what it has to do for you.

The 100 is a fine rifle. So is my Air Ranger and both are keeper.

Fit is king
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill