Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .22 multi-pump rifles

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

.22 multi-pump rifles

Apart from the rather lovely Benjamin and less lovely Webley attempt, are there any other new multi-pumps about? I would love to find a new, old stock Crosman 2200, but I realise the chances are slim.
    Has anyone seen anything in local shops that could fit the bill?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Nope, but Rommel had a silver streak in the other week that had me in a tizzy till he told me "their" idea of its value.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Nope, but Rommel had a silver streak in the other week that had me in a tizzy till he told me "their" idea of its value.
    Dare I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Apart from the rather lovely Benjamin and less lovely Webley attempt, are there any other new multi-pumps about? I would love to find a new, old stock Crosman 2200, but I realise the chances are slim.
    Has anyone seen anything in local shops that could fit the bill?
    Here you go, Nick :-

http://www.fxairguns.com/rifle/the-independence/

Or

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-rifles/benjamin-392

Or I could just let you have a little play with my Sportsman and Mohawk in April.

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 16-02-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Dare I ask?
    I honestly can't remember now Nick, but it was utterly ridiculous, even for Rommel.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Here you go, Nick :-

http://www.fxairguns.com/rifle/the-independence/

Or

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-rifles/benjamin-392

Or I could just let you have a little play with my Sportsman and Mohawk in April.

All the best Mick
    A multi shot pumper should be a cheap fun gun, not a massive drain on sanity!!
    I have found the 392 new for €275, if all else fails I will buy one.

275!!!!

Really?

Fact is, the older pumpers are better than the recent ones (FX apart). You can hardly do better than a Sheridan C9 (not - not - the later C9A), equivalent Benji, Crosman 120/140/1400, even the 2200/2200W/Model 1. Not to mention the Sharps. And the US ones at least can be found for sensible money.

Nick, Ady at City Air Weapons in Lincoln has always been a fan of the Sheridan, Benjamin and Setra pump-ups.

If you gave him a call and if he had the right one in stock for you, it's not exactly on my doorstep but I could swing by and collect and bring it to The Hollow. It'd give me a good excuse to call in, too; not been for a while!

I'll ring and ask another local-ish to me RFD, too.

Or what about a Backpacker? Nice little platform and the World's your oyster with customising goodies!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Nick,

Maybe an idea and worth a little investigation, with you liking the idea of new.....

The 2100 is not normally retailed over here. However, back in 2009 I wanted one. I already had a Model 1 and 766 at that point. I rang the Crosman factory direct, who were extremely helpful and said they'd more than happily supply. I then spoke to an RFD and he was happy to put the order in with ASI. Minimum order quantity of three. The guns duly arrived, the price working out at £67 each. You could maybe do this and sell the other two on?

Then, if it's possible, get a .22 barrel for it. Crosman bits are usually cheap.

I see there was a recent post on getting cheap Crosmans from Poland, also. Something you've done before.

Still think those (pre-Crosman era) Sheridans were the nicest, though. Beautiful, graceful, classic lines and ideal heft and handling.

And a new/old Sharp Victory or Ace would be nice.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

The 2100 is available online and quite an attactive proposition. I had a Backpacker once, it was ok, but the 2200 was the daddy. (Albeit a budget, plasticky daddy)
    I very nearly bought a nice Benjamin at one of the bashes last year, and wish I had. Its that sorrow thats stayed and kept the hankering for a pumper alive.

I'm with Tony. If I could only keep one of mine, it would be the C9 Sheridan. Just a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    If I could only keep one of mine, it would be the C9 Sheridan. Just a classic.
    In all honesty in that situation Geezer, I don't know which pumper I'd keep, but strangely I doubt if it would be one of my C9s.

No offence to Sheridan fans but I'd probably keep my Daystate Sportsman, even though I'd need to grow a finger like ET in order to reach the trigger comfortably.

All the best Mick

In all honesty in that situation Geezer, I don't know which pumper I'd keep, but strangely I doubt if it would be one of my C9s.

No offence to Sheridan fans but I'd probably keep my Daystate Sportsman, even though I'd need to grow a finger like ET in order to reach the trigger comfortably.

All the best Mick
    If I had a Daystate Sportsman, I'd probably be in the same boat. But all I have are a C9 and a couple of Crosmans.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    If I had a Daystate Sportsman, I'd probably be in the same boat. But all I have are a C9 and a couple of Crosmans.
    Now, though I host the Boinger Bash I must confess to my secret love of pump ups.

I have ---
    1 Chinese pumper,
    2 Crosman 1300s,
    about 10 1322/1377s,
    2 Crosman 140s,
    1 Setra,
    1 Silverstreak,
    1 Bluestreak,
    1 Titan Mohawk
    1 Daystate Sportsman.

And at the next Bash I'll be taking delivery of a single stroke Mohawk action and a Parker Hale Dragon action.

All the best Mick

All the best Mick
    Indeed, the Sportsman is truly lovely.

Solidly constructed and engineered and, of all those mentioned, would be the one I'd want to keep, too.