Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airsporter Mark II Trigger Block Query

Question Airsporter Mark II Trigger Block Query

Okay chaps, not my gun, but.......

We had a new admin lady start recently and it turns out that her hubby is "into" airguns.

He popped in today so, naturally, we got talking.

Turns out he's had many over the years and used to shoot FT at Anston with a PCP.

He recently acquired some cheapies from a farmhouse clearout and, amongst them, is a Mark II Airsporter. On stripping it, the threaded section of the trigger block came adrift and got stuck in the cylinder. He has managed to remove it from the cylinder now.

How difficult would a replacement be to come by? I had a quick look at work on the John Knibbs site, where they're listing ones for the later guns. And also on the Protek site. Looks like the latter may have had one recently that was sold. I suggested that he maybe ring them, tell them that he's after one and leave his details.

Any other suggestions from the learned gentlemen of this section?

As in, other possible sources?

Or does anyone have one going spare or know the whereabouts?

Thank you in advance, gentlemen.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

is the old sleeve buggered? csn it not be loctited back into the trigger block? I know Im preaching to the choir here, but I think repair will be easier than replace in this case
    Donald

I asked him if he thought it could be thus repaired, Donald, and he didn't think so.

Maybe, at a guess, as the threaded section is goosed? I'll ask him again and put this to him, thank you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hi Tone

The trigger blocks with their guts MK1/2/3/4/5/6 will interchange. --- I've just built up a bitsa using a MK2 cylinder/piston and MK6 back block and trigger assembly.

The big question is what part does your mate need as the threaded section just bolts to the back block with a hollow bolt.
    The threaded section needs to be set in the correct position so that the back block aligns with the cocking lever slot when tightened.

I'll check out what spares Back blocks I have.

All the best Mick

while you both are on this thread... Im gutted, my dad is over in florida just now and he has a list of things to find for me... he skyped me the other day to tell me that he wont be bringing me the tang sight I wanted as they were 200 bucks - gutted.. I wanted one for the airsporter vs the quigley bucket... I told him to keep looking!!!!
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    while you both are on this thread... Im gutted, my dad is over in florida just now and he has a list of things to find for me... he skyped me the other day to tell me that he wont be bringing me the tang sight I wanted as they were 200 bucks - gutted.. I wanted one for the airsporter vs the quigley bucket... I told him to keep looking!!!!
    https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/883/1

Yep, keep that man looking, Donald!

Did you mention a while back that it's the June Bash you were hoping to get to, Donald?

Or the one in a few weeks' time?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Tone

The trigger blocks with their guts MK1/2/3/4/5/6 will interchange. --- I've just built up a bitsa using a MK2 cylinder/piston and MK6 back block and trigger assembly.

The big question is what part does your mate need as the threaded section just bolts to the back block with a hollow bolt.
    The threaded section needs to be set in the correct position so that the back block aligns with the cocking lever slot when tightened.

I'll check out what spares Back blocks I have.

All the best Mick
    Mick, as ever, that's absolutely brilliant information and fantastic news!

Knibbs seemingly stock the ones for the later guns, so that should sort it?

His wife is now off until Monday and I can give him the good news then.

And, of course, if you do have any spare that are surplus to requirements, just shout up with what you would need for it.

Thanks again, you're a God!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Tone, ref Micks post.. the threaded section just bolts onto the rear block. It's not one piece. So which bit is actually goosed, or has the bolt just come undone (much more likely) ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, keep that man looking, Donald!

Did you mention a while back that it's the June Bash you were hoping to get to, Donald?

Or the one in a few weeks' time?
    its the june bash Tony, Im hoping Vale Boy and Valboskie will come down with me - Ive got my holidays in and its a defo for me this year - BOING!
    I just need to bring a few of my guns up to scratch before then... nothing special - Ive sold most of them, but im mostly looking forward to the drinking and wild women!

thanks for the link Mick - Ill pass it on to him.. he was at a gun show where he seen the 200 dollar effort - I told him to try the flea market! I cant push him too much as im wanting some parts for my remy 1100 as well - I know in the past it was springers only, and thats since been extended to ssp and pcp - does it also extend to 12 bore? Ive a nice auto 5 as well I could bring!
    Donald

Cheers for that, Jon.

Yep, deduced that from Mick's post.

I'll have to speak to the chap again and ask, but I'm guessing that the threaded part will have got damaged when he removed it (not sure how he got it out).

I probably won't get to talk to him until after the weekend, unless one of the other chaps at work can get a message to him or his wife.

And I'll ask him to look in on the thread.

Mentioned the April Bash, too, which he seemed to like the idea of.

its the june bash Tony, Im hoping Vale Boy and Valboskie will come down with me - Ive got my holidays in and its a defo for me this year - BOING!
    I just need to bring a few of my guns up to scratch before then... nothing special - Ive sold most of them, but im mostly looking forward to the drinking and wild women!
    That'll be absolutely brilliant, Donald, and I / we will very much look forward to seeing you all.

is the old sleeve buggered? csn it not be loctited back into the trigger block? I know Im preaching to the choir here, but I think repair will be easier than replace in this case
    I have sent Tony some images of a MK2 Airsporter trigger block in its dis assembled form. It may help to establish what is required to repair or replace.

It is a smart design; as Mick mentioned it allows the trigger block to be indexed for correct alignment with the cocking slot.
    A very handy function when changing out trigger blocks.

A PM has been sent to you Tony.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wanted: rear sight for Milbro Diana MK4, the slide elevation type. Or images to replicate from.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 17-02-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And, of course, if you do have any spare that are surplus to requirements, just shout up with what you would need for it.
    Right then Tone.

I don't have a complete trigger unit spare, but if you fail to find one I have enough parts to rebuild your mate's.

Just bring the cylinder and back block to the Bash and I'll build one out of two and align it to the cylinder for you FOC.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    I have sent Tony some images of a MK2 Airsporter trigger block in its dis assembled form. It may help to establish what is required to repair or replace.

It is a smart design; as Mick mentioned it allows the trigger block to be indexed for correct alignment with the cocking slot.
    A very handy function when changing out trigger blocks.

A PM has been sent to you Tony.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wanted: rear sight for Milbro Diana MK4, the slide elevation type. Or images to replicate from.
    Thank you for your comments and the PM, Ken.

As per my reply to PM, I couldn't see any images, but don't fret.

Further comments on my reply to Mick below.